Anyone Use the Cellphone Cheats?

Discussion in 'GTA IV' started by guruproto, Aug 16, 2015.

1. guruproto

guruproto New Member

GTA is one of my favorite series, and I've been playing it ever since GTA 3. Other than the vast array of side missions, storyline, and quirky characters, I also liked rampaging around the city with cheat codes. I remember my favorite cheat was the flying car cheat in San Andreas. It was both hilarious and made seeing all the locales incredibly easy.

However, when it came to GTA IV, I never used the cheat codes. I don't know whether it was because of the awkward cellphone interaction you needed to activate them, or just because I had so much fun in the game without the need for cheats. What about everyone else? Did you use cheat codes in GTA IV?

2. Frennemeister

Frennemeister New Member

Yeah, I used cheat codes. But not until I had played through it all (I'm crazy about achievements). After I had played through the story I began trolling around and exploring Liberty City. I used cheat codes for vehicles and weapons, mostly.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I also only use the cheat codes after I've completed the game a couple of times, as games these days aren't cheap, and I feel that if you use the cheats right from the start, your not getting value for money, as you'll have a game there that you'll be able to complete in half the amount of time it should take you.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I didn't use the cheat codes the first time that I played the game, but if I get around to replaying it, I might use every cheat code available just for fun and laughs. I like to beat a game the first time without cheats as a challenge. But afterwards ,it's funny to see what the different cheats do.

5. atlantasports

atlantasports New Member

I actually never used the cellphone cheats, but now I'm kicking myself because I should have.

6. atlantasports

atlantasports New Member

I'm pretty sure everyone just started trolling around once they completed the initial storyline.

7. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I actually first completed the game without knowing there are cellphone cheats. Sure, once I was done with the story and the achievements, you can bet that I used cheats to just screw around Liberty City, but not during the story mode.

8. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

I think you wouldn't get achievements if you used cheat codes from the phone, so I never touched it. There's a lot more challenge when you don't use codes, so it was way more fun without them anyway. Lots of surviving, planning, thinking ahead so you don't die or fail the mission. That's what's great about GTA. It gets you to think of the perfect plan (or just be lucky enough) to finish each mission.

9. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I used the cheat codes a lot once I beat the game. They add a lot of fun to it, but it just doesn't feel right to use them before I finish the story. I always thought Rockstar's decision to include cheat codes a really good one.

10. raceman998

raceman998 Member

I have not used any cheat codes in GTA. Well, the cheats make the game too easy to play and that is why I stopped using the cheat codes. Earlier, I used to implement several cheats codes including the one you talked about.

11. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

When I first started to play the game no, but, after finishing the main storyline, yeah. They're super fun and they kinda transform the game, so you get new experiences.

12. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I avoid using cheat codes. I barely even think about using them. After I complete the game without cheats, I'll dabble in using them for fun.

13. TungstenCube

TungstenCube New Member

I'll only use cheats when the game is done, because that ruins the game for me. For me, GTA is achieving the main quest in a really silly way. If i can make things go boom along the way, it's perfect. Cheats are fun later on, but it takes the challenge away from the game.

14. Dante848

Dante848 New Member

Yeah it was one of my favorite things about IV, the fact that the cheats stayed in your cellphone and you could use them whenever instead of typing the long button code every time. It was pretty awesome. But it was the first GTA game I beat without using cheats, after the story was over I went crazy though :)

15. jahroberts

jahroberts New Member

I hated how you couldn't use the cheats when you get shot because Niko would put away is phone, that kinda sucked.

It was a few seconds too long to add cheats for me as well cause you had to call the number and wait for it to go to voicemail before he cheat appears.

Nevertheless it's pretty good cause it saves in the phone

16. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I used cheats in GTA IV but not for mission completion, just to mess around. I've always been a fan of all the cheat codes developers implemented in the games from GTA's franchise.

17. sidney

sidney Member

I have never played GTA using a cellphone, but if I had the chance to do that then for sure I will use cheats, because I don't think I can finish the game without using cheats, because some missions there can be quite hard.

18. jonthai

jonthai New Member

No. In fact i never heard of cellphone cheats.
    If you mean the words keys for PC gta then yes i used them and i gotta say i had allot of fun with them.

19. Toast

Toast New Member

I used too, occasionally. I think it's fine to use them if you're just hopping on for the first time in a long time, and you just want to do something fun. You don't always want to grind everything out, or go searching for 30 minutes for the perfect car.

20. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I use cheats when I was alone and not during missions. I use cheats when I'm messing around and killing people or cops.