Anyone Play Flappy Bird.

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by msreebaybay, Feb 6, 2014.

1. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

I just started playing Flappy bird recently and it is a difficult game at first. After you start playing for a while it gets better. My highscore is 127, anyone else play Flappy Bird?

2. meta_mach

meta_mach New Member

I do, my high score is only 60 though. The game was pulled so if you still have it you can sell your phone on eBay for more than it's worth. I have it on two phones and like frustrating myself trying to beat my previous high score.

3. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I've played it and I really don't care that it's gone. It's a stupid game that really in my opinion has no real value.

4. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Wow, you must be really good at concentrating. Also, you probably have a steady hand. My highest score was 68 before I completely uninstalled the game.

I played Flappy Bird simply out of curiosity. A lot of people were talking about it so I said, what the heck, I'm playing it too. It was addictive for about 5 minutes.

5. CeliVega

CeliVega Member

I am not interested with it at first, but my friend lend me his phone to play Flappybird because he thinks it's really a fun game. I can see what the fuss is all about. It's fun, casual, and is an example that not all games need to have engaging plot to work. You can play it to kill time, waiting for friends, and don't need a big fancy screen to get the most gaming experience out of it. Reminds me of Popcap games, where they focus on casual gamers.

6. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

I played it because a lot of people were talking about it in my place. When I finally got my hands on the game, I was so disappointed since it was too simple. It's like a game that's made by a 6 year old. It's the smallest of mini games that you would ever play. And it's frustratingly hard. Just play Jetpack joyride instead.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I played it once or twice but it didn't really appeal to me. I can see how it is fun, but it's just not the type that I gravitate to. I'm more into games that are just a little bit more complex than that although just enough not to be as complex as console and PC games.

8. CeliVega

CeliVega Member

I am actually interested in what caused the sudden rise in popularity for the game. It was released in May last year, and only became popular like one or two months ago. What caused the sudden rise in popularity? Youtube review? Accusation of plagiarism? Similarity with Mario?

9. Clanky

Clanky Member

Yes, I do. My highscore is around 30, don't know what it's exactly. 34 or 36 I guess. It's an extremely difficult game, but you should also try out "Ironpants". It's the same gameplay as Flappy Bird, but it's way more difficult than Flappy Bird. I only have got a high score of 10 in Ironpants.

@CeliVega: I'm interested in this, too, I think it's just the extreme high difficulty, but also the simpleness of the game.

10. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

No No No No No. Haha, I think ti's an awful game and I don't understand how anyone can get addicted to it.

11. matrixor

matrixor Member

I play Flappy bird. It's an addictive game to be honest. I played it for one hour straight once. Not worth the time, at all. In my opinion it got so popular, because It's really difficult and players want to achieve a certain score in it.

12. ErzaShadowalker

ErzaShadowalker New Member

I played Flappy Bird twice, my high-score was 2 and I never played it again. It didn't interest me, it was just an endless loop of torture, I didn't care that it was taken down, the game was unoriginal, and lacked anything to interest me. To be honest, it was a meaningless game.

13. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I only heard of it when they removed it from app store. Seriously, I can't understand why people are so interested in playing this game. I have even seen e-bay listings of phones with Flappy Bird installed.

14. froggy666

froggy666 Member

Yes and it was horrible. I don't know how people managed to feel in love with it. It's interesting in the fact that people only cared about it after the fact it was brought into the public's eye. Before that it should have been a quick lived title not bringing much to peoples attention.

15. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

Some guys have even released a MMO version of this game!

http://flapmmo.com/

16. froggy666

froggy666 Member

I know, it's beyond a joke as to how it's all happened. The creator didn't want to monetize it so killed it. Que countless clones and ripoffs like that are reaping in on advertisement money.

17. Dez97

Dez97 Member

I deleted the game the first time i downloaded tried and lost. I just never saw what everyone was so crazy about.

18. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I played Flappy Bird! But I think that they removed it from the Play Store a while ago. Some people went insane on that game! I only played it until I got about a high score of 30 or so. It wasn't good, but I started to hate the game because I kept failing.

19. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Oh yes! Well actually I did. I got addicted to it and it seemed so hard at the beginning. :eek:

20. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I did play flappy bird for some time, but after some time I got really bored of it and many of my friends couldn't believe that. They were addicted to this game when it was still popular and they used to play it everyday for several hours, even when we were out in the city. I overall liked the game, but it was to much repetitive for me so I got bored from it.