Any good pilots here?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by Hedonologist, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Hedonologist

Hedonologist New Member

Whilst I never really managed to drive well, even when trying, I was actually a pretty neat pilot. I managed to land the planes pretty smoothly and accurately, even the massive jet at Las Venturas airport. When traveling between LV and SF I would usually fly not just for the fun of it but as a matter of practicality given the short flying distance and bendy roads.

2. Berthfield

Berthfield New Member

I do tend to fly a lot, not really a fan of using cheats in my normal gameplay though so I never really got any practice with the hydra until later down in the game. Two of my favorite things to do were to (1) try to meet the criteria for gold on all the missions, and (2) fly over the restricted area with they hydra and try to take out the Surface-to-Air Missile Launchers.

3. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I was a horrible pilot. I always imagined that I would become a pilot in real life, but after driving a plane, I was sure that I would become a horrible one. I am really awesome driver though.

4. CelTek

CelTek Member

I have never gotten past those stupid flight school missions in the desert. So to answer your question, no. I am a terrible pilot :(

5. Rocky55119

Rocky55119 New Member

I'M A TERRIFYING PILOT. I never even dare to go to flight school and even fly a plane. I tried it once and I couldn't even get in in the air. The only luck I had was flying a jet for 7 feet then crashing into the ocean.

6. Hedonologist

Hedonologist New Member

The hydra jets are very hard to fly and easy to crash, but the little planes on the airstrip usually are easy to get into the air at least and are usually pretty stable.

7. CelTek

CelTek Member

Is the Hydra available anywere in SA? Before you complete flight school?

8. Racer X

Racer X Member

Lol man I was a terrible pilot. I could fly but those courses in the desert were hard the first couple of tries. Driving on the other hand, that was always easy for me. Simpler controls, better handling. But the jetpack was the best 'vehicle'. lol

9. CelTek

CelTek Member

I didn't get past those stupid desert missions until a few days ago, after years of playing. Now to get past the rest of that stupid Mike Torreno's missions.

10. rebel

rebel New Member

I'm an amazing pilot. I used to have a few show-off videos posted at YouTube and so on just so I can brag about my skills. I used to do all kinds of stunts (passing with choppers trough tunnels and all that) and I still do those when playing Multiplayer and trying to evade from the police for example. It really makes the difference.