Any fans of The Sims series here?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by CeliVega, Mar 7, 2014.

1. CeliVega

CeliVega Member

Man I love The Sims when it was first out. And then I got all thrilled when I knew they are releasing expansion pack. Too bad I never got myself the full collection.

The Sims 2 and 3 are both finished now, with The Sims 4 possibly coming this September:
    http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/03/the-sims-4-releasing-in-september-this-year/

There's just something very exciting about creating your avatars and see how they go on with their lives......Okay that sounds a little creepy >_>

2. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

I played the Sims 3 quite a bit, but my favourite part of the game was killing the Sims.

I would host a pool party, and not sure if you already know this, but once you get them all in the pool, just remove the pool stairs so they can't get out of the pool. Soon, they will be dead, heheh.

3. CeliVega

CeliVega Member

That's the original "kill your sims" technique from the first Sims series XD
    I have intended to get the full collections of Sims 3 before I started playing them, but things keep setting me back from carrying out my plan >_>
    I heard there's a lot of new causes and ways for a Sim to dying in Sims 3 now, can't wait to see what's in store for me XD

Oh, there's suppose to be Sims 4 coming out this year!

4. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

Yeah, apparently Sims 4 will be coming out this fall, according to this article anyways. Not really sure how they can change it now, the game mechanics haven't really changed since Sims 1.

5. CeliVega

CeliVega Member

A sneak peek at Sims 4.
    Well the core didn't change much from Sims 2 to 3, but I think they did a good job with introducing new gimmick and features for your Sims to play with. I hate myself for getting the expansion packs because I know it's still the same Sims game......with tons of extra new features......with new neighbours and items .......with new careers to try......Aw man I am buying this!
    Can't get myself out from the loop :p

6. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

Oh cool, I totally missed the gameplay trailer. I'm not sure I'll be buying this one, I have to see some reviews first, see if they implemented something new, I'm starting to think EA is treating Sims like their sports games, I don't like that.

7. CeliVega

CeliVega Member

Well that's EA for you......
    There's always some franchises that they will release the games on a yearly basis because there's a market for them. Sometimes I feel they are "milking" their games too much. I would actually prefer it if they refrain from developing new titles for a franchise and come out with something new and innovative.

8. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I have hears Sims series are quite addictive. I am yet to try it. But I think I will start with Sims 3. Any recommendation?

9. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

Do you mean in terms of DLCs for Sims 3?

In no particular order, Ambitions (iirc it lets you do your job, you don't just dissapear), Late Night (parties and stuff) and Generations (kids woo).

10. CeliVega

CeliVega Member

Well that's not exactly how The Sims works. There's the main game, like the Sims 3, and the others names that you might heard before, like Sims 3 : Ambitions, Sims 3: Supernatural, Sims 3: Pets......these are the expansion packs, and they are not standalone games.
    You will need the main game, The Sims 3 to actually install new features from the expansion packs before you get to play them. You can't play a Sims game with expansion packs alone.

11. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

Not so much anymroe. I remember my sister first got me into it, but now I just get a bit bored because it feels like doing the same thing over and over again.

I might buy the most recent game + DLC to see if I can get back into it.

12. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

You hit the nail right in the head, the gameplay is very repetetive and you have to enjoy these sorts of things to be able to play it for a longer time period.

13. LukeDerusha

LukeDerusha Member

I love the Sims! It is a great game to play when your life just isn't going good, or you are just bored and want something to do.

14. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I only really like the first one. After that it seemed like there was waaay too many things shoehorned into the game I didn't really feel like I had the freedom to create a proper story for my sims anymore. I miss the sims online T_T

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I love this game and I got addicted to it for some time when I was younger. I found it very relaxing since it's not the typical game that you'd need to find enemies and punch or shoot them, but I eventually had to stop myself because I was spending too much of my free time on this one game.

16. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I played this game when I was younger and then I forgot about it. I really enjoyed playing it and I can't remember why I quit. In the near future I will be getting a new Sims game, because I think it is finaly time to do so. When I played it at first I just spent all my time by providing good things for the sims, making them feel good, build them nice things, buy them nice things etc., but after a time I wanted to try something more to explore the game to its full extent. I started to let them be filthy and not go to work and stuff like that. I tried the kill the sims in the pool technique also. I think that the power over the sims people is what makes the game fun. I think that people that play this game usually think of themselves as the god of the sims, which I find to be true for this game,

17. Rohan99

Rohan99 Member

I played the sims up until the sims 2. I have never tried sims 3 because I got bored of the series from sims 2. The game is just repetitious and it gets boring after a while. I prefer to play Civilization instead of the sims because it is much more interesting.

18. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Oh yes! I love all of the Sims series out there. I have made a topic about The Sims here yesterday too.
    My favourite The Sims is Sims Medieval.

19. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

I was hooked to Sims Social when it was still online on FaceBook.
    Sadly, EA shut it down because apparently they weren't making enough profit from it or something.
    I spent around 3 years on that game, and that time I will never get back. :(

20. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

You're right it does get repetitive although it's still very fun. I've never tried Civilization though and will be checking this out. Thanks for your recommendation!