Anyоnе try WRС 6?

Discussion in 'WRC 23' started by Benoit W, Feb 5, 2017.

1. overcast

overcast Member

I noticed that some of the other graphics based games are going much higher. And it seems like racing games are falling behind. And they seem to be not much doing in terms of the content and the graphics. That's for sure.

2. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Graphics definitely sets games apart nowadays.

3. Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix Member

If I were to compare WRC 6 with Dirt I would say it's not that great.On its own it would stand a much better chance to be recognized.I have nothing against the game,in fact I love it.The difficulty levels don't impress me though.I find it too easy unlike Dirt which gives me quite a challenge.

4. jakub1

jakub1 Member

That's the thing about comparing games it's never fair.

5. overcast

overcast Member

Yeah game seems to be way off on that part. I mean sometimes it feels like old NFS and this game has the same level of graphics. And they seem to be taking more time on improving. And even worst part at some point game does have the graphics crashes.

6. razer

razer Member

Graphics in games have advanced so much that its hard to go higher, especially with the GPU hardware development slowing down.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

When it comes to the enhancements that games are often getting, I think the sky is the limit (which is great for us, gamers).

razer likes this.
  8. sidney

sidney Member

I also agree, I don't have

9. overcast

overcast Member

Yes. But with the Unreal engine, I can see there seems to be a lot of chances of getting it right. I am not sure why racing games don't have that part. They can't really get them properly these days. I guess developers need better rendering engine.

10. razer

razer Member

Gameplay enhancements, maybe. But graphics enhancement has slown down considerably, to the point that games that are released today don't look that much better than those released 5 years ago. This wasn't always the case, in the late psx - early ps2 era every couple of years there was a new achievement in graphics - volumetric lighting, dynamic shadows for example.

11. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

Well... Of course things are still not boiling in every way, but you always have to start somewhere, don't you?

Deciding to test all changes at once would be a mistake.

12. Athanas

Athanas Member

I tried it a few days ago. It doesn't look much captivating but that is my weakness for every new game. But I like its graphics.

13. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I watched the trailer for this game called WRC 6-and it looks like you can drive in all kinds of weather,but I have not played it yet. Driving on those snowy mountain roads, in mud and gravel as well-and it looks like a lot of fun in this video though, driving on all kinds of horrible road conditions. Check out the WRC 6 trailer !

14. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Member

I tried to play it a few times on my friend's house as our bonding and so far, it's a good game and I liked it very much.

15. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

This WRC 6 game is fun at higher speeds and it has various hazards and surfaces which make it quite interesting at times- although at the lower speeds the handling can feel quite clumsy with this game. I would say WRC 6 is a authentic recreation of the WRC series but it's no Dirt Rally.
    wrc_6_fia_world_rally_championship_cover@2x.jpg

16. NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja Member

I like WRC 6 because I like pretty much all rally games, I own nearly every rally game in existence, and the only ones I don't like are the original V-Rally and the PS1 port of Mobil 1 Rally Championship, Pro Rally 2002 wasn't very good either.

WRC 6 does a lot of things right and has almost everything I look for in a rally game, the only aspect I don't like is the weather effects - they look bad (in my honest opinion).

17. walter12

walter12 Active Member

I agree, it's a very good game indeed