Alright, be honest, did you cheat?

Discussion in 'GTA Vice City' started by HornedDemoN, May 19, 2015.

1. HornedDemoN

HornedDemoN New Member

Vice City had a lot of built-in cheats (my favorite being PANZER and BIGBANG). Did you use any of them while playing through the game? I admit I had to use the health cheat at certain points...

Despite people complaining about the cheats, I think they're a fine addition to the game, as they increase the game's replay value and provide you an opportunity to just screw around and experience the game in a whole different and light-hearted way (if walking through innocent pedestrians with your tank can be called light-hearted, that is).

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I didn't cheat on the GTA VC. Granted, I was still playing it and trying to complete it long after anybody else, And I gave up many times!

I thought it would give me greater sense of satisfaction if I completed the game without cheating. I don't even know if it did that, I was just annoyed I was the last one playing!

3. rightct

rightct New Member

Aw, come on, whoever says that they don't use cheats are straightforwardly lying! The game wouldn't have so much fun attached to it without any cheats... it would be very dull and twardy, IMO.

To my shame, I've never used the PANZER cheat though, because back then I didn't know there was a cheat to spawn the tank. Meh...

4. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I used the armour and health and also money cheat was useful and, you could purchase businesses earlier and also use it to buy boats and cars and clothes and other places when you needed too. There was a people follow you and can equip them with guns when using the cheat pedestarians have guns and will fight for you agaisnt gangmembers and sacrifice themselves for your course. The cheats did make the game easier and having guns which are not given to you unless you need them in a mission and, the money one was real good and worked as well when you pressed the correct buttons.

5. SS42A

SS42A New Member

I never used the in-game cheats, if that is what you're asking. However, it has always been a habit for me to cheat it using an external device such as a CodeBreaker or Action Replay. Some of the external cheats in the cheat device are also found in the in-game cheats, but there are those which can only be accessed through a cheat device, such as not getting arrested.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Well you must be calling me a liar then because I dint cheat. Not everyone dies you know, some people actually enjoy the challenge of the actual game, rather than just being able to breeze through it, where's the fun in that?

7. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

I think at the time when I've had it, I didn't know of cheats because I was so naive and I actually quite enjoyed the game. When I was introduced to cheats, the game got ruined really.

8. rightct

rightct New Member

It had an easy tone, I didn't mean to offend you or anything. I was talking from a personal point of view, not referring to anyone else directly. If you find a game fun without cheating, then that's only up to you.

9. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

While playing the story mode, I managed to refrain from cheating. Yes, I managed to finish the story without cheats, and that was a really hard experience, but it felt so rewarding in the end! After that, though, I started using PANZER religiously and just wrecked havoc throughout the island whenever I would play.

10. sidney

sidney Member

In the beginning of the game, I didn't use cheats, but after I discovered them, I constantly used the life, weapon and tank cheat to be able to pass the missions. It's a good convenience too when my car is already on fire and I'm in the middle of a mission!

11. dannygloveloverer

dannygloveloverer New Member

I have never, not once ever in my whole damn LIFE ever cheated on a game.

I live or die on my own merits.

I really don't care what others do, this is just a personal pride thing.

12. canineartist

canineartist New Member

WI remember the first time I played it I did use cheats. The "Messing with the man" mission was especially hard for me. PANZER made it a lot easier though

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

There was no offence taken, I wasn't being funny with my reply. All I meant was that I haven't cheated on the game. I wanted to, believe me! Haha...but I also wanted to be able to say that I had completed it with out using cheats so...

14. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

If what you said is true, I salute you, that is something to really respect haha.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Well, yes, but only to fumble around with some things. I had another save where everything was clean and all the missions got done 100% legit.
    Cheats are fun too, but they ruin the purpose of singleplayer missions.

16. Sheggy6

Sheggy6 New Member

I didn't use any of the cheats on my first playthrough, however, on my second play through I went absolutely nuts with the various choices of cheats. Especially flying cars, that cheat that has prevailed since GTA III through until GTA: SA has been a cheat I could never get enough of, I was a big Harry Potter fan y'see, and as such, I absolutely loved the cheat as a whole.

17. Obi

Obi New Member

I used to play on my older brothers Xbox when I was a kid, and I didn't realise there were any cheats available. One of my first experiences with cheats was being beaten to death by people on the street because he turned on the peds riot cheat and could't turn it off!

18. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

Lol, that is funny. Did it ruin the experience of the game for you though?

19. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic New Member

I didn't cheat to complete the game, but I did use the flying cars cheat and the pedo cheat and bunch of other cheats just to have some fun free roaming.

20. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

LOL that is what I used to do.