All time favourite racing game?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Walker6, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I loved that old NFS game and it was the one that sparked my love for racing games again. I really liked the extra features of having to run through barricades, though I'm not entirely sure if it was Most Wanted.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I like the Midnight Club franchise. There's just something really cool about the racing and chill about the atmosphere. I even like to just cruise around at times.

3. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I have so many racing game that I really enjoy. I think that one of the first racing games that I really fell in love with has to be Mario Karts. Until this day I think that that game is one of the best racing games on the planet. Also another racing game that I really enjoyed was Burnout 3. Now that game is one of the best mordern racing games that I had played in a long time.

4. RamZor

RamZor Member

For me its probably Mario Kart. Even though its pretty childish and silly, I really love playing it and I can do it for hours.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

My second favorite would have to be Outrun 2. It's such a fun and relaxing driving game (if you don't crash, that is, then it's just funny). I used to play the arcade mode a lot and try to see how many checkpoints I could get to before time ran out. The levels were really pretty.

6. MissBin

MissBin Member

The best racing game for me is definitely Need for Speed Underground. It has so much things to do while playing and you can customize your cars to the limit. I like that it has so many different types or races and my favourite is drag racing. I also like that it takes you quite a lot of time to complete whole game and even when you do it there is still a lot of things to do. I recommend it to anyone who likes a true pure racing games.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

You'll constantly hear me talking about the Outrun series. It's just so close to my heart. I like how it has the combination of feeling exciting and laidback. It's a combo that really works ad makes for a nice and unusual racing experience.

8. RadialPerson

RadialPerson Member

For me it's between Midnight Club: Los Angeles and Need for Speed Most Wanted. Most Wanted on the ps2 though, not the 2012 version with its awful customization. Both these games provide an excellent level of car customization while providing a really good gameplay experience and a reasonable campaign story, especially for a racing game. Since you have a ps3 get Midnight Club Los Angeles, the graphics are still pretty good considering its age since Need for Speed Most Wanted on ps2 is pretty dated although if you don't mind the graphics get Most Wanted as well.

9. SonicSlayer

SonicSlayer Member

My favourite has to be Burnout Paradise. It was so awesome is every single way: accurate handling, great graphics, a varied map to drive in, a large array of cars, I can go on and on.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (the old one) comes to a close second for me; it was an innovation for when it was release, especially the PC version because of mods.

10. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

Mario Kart SNES and the first Wii version. I also like SSX. That game was super fun!

11. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

In terms of fun, Burnout definitely tops the charts for me. The thrill of going fast, taking out the competition and weaving through traffic made for one of the most adrenaline-filled racing games ever created.

When looking past the fun factor, other racing games would be better for me. Gran Turismo for competitive, and Mario Kart for party fun. It all depends on what you're looking to derive from the game.

12. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

That will probably be NFS Most Wanted or Gran Turismo 3 for me. I played both equally long but in the end I think I liked NFS a little bit more. I was a kid back then though so the hollywood factor definitely played pard in that. Gran Turismo 3 was the first game I ever bought for the PS2 so it's always got a special place in my heart.

13. troutski

troutski Active Member

The original Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is one of the best racing games ever made.

14. TheViper

TheViper Member

My all time favorite racing game would have to be Burnout: Paradise. This game completely blew me away on all levels. Now, I found myself comparing any other racing game to it regardless of what "new feature" the upgrade to.

15. Lanny

Lanny New Member

Dirt 3 is my favorite racing game! It’s always worth my time because rally racing is ridiculous fun and Dirt 3 is a tremendous representation of this. The layout of the dirt-track forests and coastal gravel roads, and the sounds of the engine gets me extremely excited. No wonder why I love this messy racing game. I still spend hours and hours playing Dirt 3. Apart from that, I love the realistic mechanical failures and tracks that you don't often see these days.

16. BluBird

BluBird Member

The game that forced me to buy proper 3D card: TNT2.

To this day I have two copies in close proximity of computer. I actually bought second copy because could not wait for warranty process of my non-working CD to finish.
    Good times.

17. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

I really liked Rally Racing for the original XBOX. It was fun to play and it had a bunch of different courses to play. They had dirt, ice, and asphalt courses with different cars to drive and unlock.

18. moaz13

moaz13 Member

Burnout Paradise and Twisted Metal for the PS1, I loved those games a lot.