All Cops White

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by sillylucy, Oct 12, 2013.

1. ic3squid

ic3squid New Member

Uh... not all of the cops are white. The motorcyclist cops are actually black, just go up to them with a camera and zoom in, you will see.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I think it was done for irony purposes. Rockstar makes the first African-American character, and the cops are all white. The guys over at Rockstar have a sense of humor, so I think they knew what they were doing.

3. sidney

sidney Member

My thoughts exactly. I think they just used 1 white police officer model for the whole game, just like in Vice City. The cops there look alike, so alike that they seem like twins. I guess the same can be said for San Andreas.

And I don't think that race has anything to do with it, as proven by the pic of a black motorcycle cop posted on the 1st page.

4. Balaal

Balaal Member

I agree, it should be a lot more diverse. Maybe it was done on purpose is what I'm thinking.

5. pascual

pascual New Member

Good thought here. When I saw this thread title I kind of thought of that instantly because Rockstar are the best at doing things like this. I then thought to myself that I do remember seeing black cops in the game though, other than Sam Jackson's character of course. Then I see that this has been confirmed in this thread so it wasn't just my imagination.

6. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

I just never paid much attention to the idea that there were other black cops besides Tenpenny. I think some of the motorcycle cops were black.

7. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

Good one! They're actually black. I personally play with that skin on SA-MP when playing a cop and driving the cop bikes and I can confirm it. good memory you have there!

8. ic3squid

ic3squid New Member

Heh, thanks! I play SA-MP too, the LS-RCR servers. I always use the biker or get every cop on a single police cruiser.

9. transluzenz

transluzenz New Member

I have definitely noticed the lack of diversity in the police force. I continue to wonder how they were able to make such a conscious decision. At least one black or latino cop would have sufficed.

10. Askani

Askani Member

I'm thinking it is because Cj is black so your police will be white. The game was put out in the 90's so the world was still reeling from rodney king and the LA riots. Plus whitey is always the Man keeping a good brother down foo! lol

11. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

That just adds in the truth. I remember that is why the game was exactly that. The world in LA was just full of riots and gangs back then. It still has its share of crime and corruption especially from the police.

12. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

Yeah, that's a big point right there. You have to keep in mind that back then there was a lot more racism too, so the game is a big based on that too.

13. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

That is the major point this game is making to reflect LA back then and including right now. I always knew that when playing this game there were not as many Black cops except for Tenpenny and the motorcycle cops.

14. Rohan99

Rohan99 Member

There are not only white cops in the game. One of the main villain is a black police officer. The game is not racist in my opinion and so people should stop looking for excuses to call it so.

15. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

Nobody said so. We mean that it shows the racism that existed back then, somehow. The fact that the only black cop that is a principal personage is a villain proves the point as well.

16. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

How could the game not have racism in it. You have corrupt cops just as we do have in todays world harassing people of color. The only black officer who was the villain made it more obvious.

17. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I didn't notice that. Good one you notice that. Never paid attention to the police. I just end up killing them.

18. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

Good one I too end up killing the cops. I just try to be observant so I when walking up to the cops.

19. Onfroi

Onfroi New Member

Well the three main cops were from different race. Tenpenny black, Pulaski white, Rodrigues, I think was his name, was latino. So I don't think all the cops were white, although when you get wanted level, yes, white cops would be the ones hunting for you, but that's because they used 1 0r 2 models for that purpose.

20. Henry

Henry New Member

It's just a game. Maybe giving race to meaningless charachters took too much time and money so they decided to just make every cop white. I don't really notice these kind of things anyway. Just play it and forget about color.