All Cops White

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by sillylucy, Oct 12, 2013.

1. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

Why are all cops white in GTA SA? I see a few white cops in real life, but most are now Latino and some are black. I wish there was more diversity. I know that Tenpenny was black, but when you're just exploring you only see white police officers.

2. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I don't know. I am sure there is some mod that changes it, but I like white cops to be honest. They are awesome. If you are playing on PC, you can change it by installing a mod. I am not sure about consoles though.

3. CelTek

CelTek Member

Could it be because it was set in the nineties? There was a lot of racism back then in LA, see Rodney King.

Just a thought.

4. Hedonologist

Hedonologist New Member

I don't think it was intentional, and I really don't think the lack of latino police officers is really a deal breaker for most people.

5. Koffing

Koffing New Member

I never thought of it. I think there were black cops in Las Venturas though, was it? I could be totally wrong too. Or maybe it was the Ambulance staff that had some black skinned men. I do remember that there was black people in uniform, that's for sure.

6. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

To be honest I never paid any attention to it I will have to back an look, but it would not surprise me if they just used only one police officer as the model for the whole game since their are no female cops as well.

7. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

No female cops and all white cops now that I think of it but as ENO said it is probably a stock design that they used for all cops, so I don't think we should be getting too worried about it.

8. Racer X

Racer X Member

Never noticed, honestly. Have to agree that it was probably just a stock design. I don't know that racial variety would've made too huge a difference in gameplay, as we don't really "interact" with the police in SA(minus Tenpenny). There're the little NPC convos here and there but that doesn't really count as interaction. But I understand the question as posed.. I just don't think it was an attempt to be racist(unless, as was mentioned, Rockstar wanted to keep it 'true' to the racist climate of the early 90s.. which I kind of doubt).

9. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

I defiantly don't think Rockstar was trying to be racist I mean it's been awhile since I played Vice City, but I think in that game all the cops where white male as well, but I don't think it would have been to hard to create 2 other different models.

10. mevsthor

mevsthor New Member

I never really noticed that. I'll look for that next time. I have a hard time believing that it was on purpose, but who knows. The games aren't exactly politically correct.

11. CelTek

CelTek Member

I noticed this the other day, I'm fairly sure the motorcycle cops are black.

[​IMG]

Case closed :)

1,230 people like this.
  12. heyhowareyou

heyhowareyou New Member

Yea I came in here to say that there are some black motorcycle cops.
    But really I think the main reason is so they could save memory space by not creating extra models. There's already too much stuff in the game as it is, I'm surprised the PS2 could run it.

13. Jonnypop

Jonnypop New Member

Is that really true? haha I must also say I have never noticed but that picture above argues a strong case against it lol

14. TheViper

TheViper Member

Well, considering the setting of San Andreas. I would expect for there to be more white cops. Though, the only color I want to see on a cop is red.

15. mareebaybay

mareebaybay New Member

Good opposition on the black cops. I mean even if the cops were all white I don't think they would have done that purposely.

16. sos

sos New Member

Good eye on noticing that one.It has been consistent with all the GTA's I don't know why they chose that path.

17. mizore742

mizore742 New Member

I think it depends on where you are, in IRL all I see are white cops but of course I live in one of the most safest neighborhoods in my area. I've actually yet to see a cop that isn't white in GTA but I haven't been looking for them very much.

18. Jesuitical

Jesuitical New Member

There are skins for black cops, I'm pretty sure. So they're in there.

19. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

I wouldn't take it too serious I am sure if it bothers you I am sure their are mods for different shades of skins as well as adding female cops as well.

20. daimashin

daimashin New Member

At first I thought if it's true because I never noticed it. Then I saw that picture and I know that this isn't the case because as far as I can remember I've seen black cops before. Actually, it doesn't matter to me since it's only a game and it's GTA.