Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by belovedad, Jun 11, 2016.

1. belovedad

belovedad Member

Do you think the physical and mental age of a person affects there likelihood to enjoy simulator racing games?

2. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Personally I think the best age would be late teens to early-mid 20s, where you actually already know how to drive a car.

3. artyarson

artyarson New Member

I remember myself playing the game as a little kid. Not that little, actually. I was in my pre-teens, so it's 10-12 years. I was pretty much impressed with all that was happening in the game. However, I could already tell the game from the real world driving.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Depends, as you get older all games become harder simply because your attention span shortens and you don't have as fast reflexes as a lot of the players, I'd say it's only an issue if you're 70+.

5. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I think anyone any age can enjoy simulator racing games. A kid who gets a sim racing game as a gift before they ever play an arcade racer will most obviously get to love the game though initially it will be hard to master the controls. So IMHO I don't think there's a right age for anyone to enjoy sim racing games.

6. justrace

justrace Member

You are right. It's the best age to enjoy the simulator games because he can link the concepts of the real world driving into the game. I really love the simulator games and it feels like I am driving a real car on the road.

7. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

Adults enjoy racing games more than kids because kids do not understand the cost of keeping a car. You have to do a lot to keep a car up and running. I think adults would only enjoy racing games like Gran Turismo.