After eight years, I finally did it!

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by CelTek, Nov 9, 2013.

1. CelTek

CelTek Member

I beat that damn flight school. This is the furthest I ever got in San Andreas before, despite many restarts and attempts!

I was pleased to see an old friend from Vice City a bit later in the storyline :)

[​IMG]

1,230 people like this.
  2. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

Hello. Passing the learning to fly mission is probably the hardest mission in GTA San Andreas. After six years playing it, I did -NEVER- succeed to pass it and I still can't. I try and try and then try again but I -ALWAYS- fail for some reason. It's a really hard test. It also gets you mad which is even worse because if you can't do it while being calm, it's a lot harder while being nervous. Do you have any tricks?

3. CelTek

CelTek Member

First person mode was a life saver. Much easier to navigate through the hoops. As for the missions where you have to destroy things, I would recommend having a third hand.
    It's really hard using only keyboard and mouse, and my controller just would not configure correctly.

I think my setup was standard WASD + arrows, and I might have used the controller for additional functions as it was on my lap. I never got past these missions until the other day, I was psyched when I got through them. First person view was incredibly important though, I seemed to breeze through the ones that didn't involve attacking stuff.

4. mareebaybay

mareebaybay New Member

I need to go back and get this game. I will most likely download it from the Xbox Marketplace and re play it some day, because I would love to get that flashback. Relive my younger days, and enjoy this game again !!

5. Racer X

Racer X Member

lmao man, I remember the struggle! Stupid plane with awkward controls.. Congrats haha. I've been thinking of going back to play.. def not looking forward to this or the stupid Zero missions.

6. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

Congratulations it's better late then never!

7. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

That mission is the probably the most annoying in all of GTA games. Congratulations for finally getting it out of the way.

8. harshal360

harshal360 New Member

The learning to fly mission is nearly impossible. The one tutorial where you have to turn and fly through the hoops is too difficult for me. I just downloaded a save file after that mission since I did not enjoy nor did I care to beat it. For some reason thought I enjoyed Zero's missions, I am not a hundred percent sure but I am pretty sure that Zero's voice actor is the same of Tobias Bluth from my favorite comedy show "Arrested Development". Congrats on beating it thought, I know how hard it is.

9. CelTek

CelTek Member

I didn't have much issue with Zero's missions, but I am very bitter about the flight school.

Guess what though... Now I have to deal with the rest of that asshole Torrenos missions and also "Freefall". Flight school stressed me out though, so I'm not going to get to stressed over these missions just yet.

10. ElectricCake

ElectricCake New Member

Oh god, I congratulate you for beating that mission. I remember how hard it was when I played it, and I eventually got around to beating it. It was just very rage inducing, and the game almost made me want to rage every time I failed it, since the ways I failed were very stupid.​

11. TheViper

TheViper Member

I actually passed this mission on my fifth try. When I came back to play it I realized it didn't save. Then it took me about 200 tries before I finally was able to beat the mission. For some reason it was easier when I was half asleep.

12. Banister

Banister New Member

It seems you have lots of persistence mate.Congrats for the achievement I tend to believe like someone said up there that its better you get the job done at a late hour than fail to attempt a little of it just because you believed it was too late for you.

13. Screenager1988

Screenager1988 New Member

Oh jeez, these damn missions are so hard - I remember playing them for hours and hours on my Xbox back in the day, why did they make the difficulty in the game spike so high and low? It's one of the things the new games have improved a lot I think.

14. andrew172

andrew172 New Member

Leraning to fly I think is probably the most difficult level in GTA San Andreas. I'm glad that you only needed 70% to pass otherwise I would have been playing it forever.

15. sidney

sidney Member

Congratulations! I haven't reached that mission in the game yet, but now I'm looking forward to it, considering that you said that you saw an old friend from Vice city. I wonder who that is? Probably Tommy Vercetti?

16. heyhowareyou

heyhowareyou New Member

Haha, congrats. I do remember that mission. I think I passed the controller over to my little brother to do that mission, but we completed it pretty quick (took a few restarts but we got it). Maybe we got a little lucky? Definitely a tough one though.

17. Joseph

Joseph New Member

I cannot even begin to imagine the amount of times I had to retry that mission. It was definitely well over 20+. It's so difficult to control the helicopter and plane in San Andreas as compared to GTA V.
    It certainly feels like I passed that mission out of sheer luck. The amount of satisfaction you get after completing the mission is unbelievable.

18. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

Congrats on beating it! GTA has always had terrible flying controls with a keyboard. Not sure if they do it on purpose since it seems like a studio like Rockstar should know better. I've always had to do some serious remapping on the keyboard to be able to do the flying missions. They're a real pain in the ass.

19. lord1027

lord1027 New Member

Congrats! I didn't find the flight school to be so hard, I had more problems trying to finish the driving school. Anyway, after 2-3 hours max I finished each one of them. Speaking about this, I think I'm gonna' go and do it all over again, see if I can do better :D

20. charlesfrench

charlesfrench New Member

Finally, you did it! I didn't think that flight school was very hard but I had some trouble finishing a bunch of other missions. Getting to 100% is a great achievement. Remember if you ever get stuck to just take a break for a few minutes before trying again.