5 reasons why Saints Row IV will blow out GTA V. I DISAGREE!!!

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by Axel, Aug 23, 2013.

1. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I don't even remember when or what I argued with you the last day, especially now that I am really drunk. I don't want to get into arguments. Just play what you like man! I for one love both, period!

2. Oakster

Oakster Member

Not really into arguments either :)

3. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

Why are we even arguing, the article was written tongue in cheek. "The man wants you grounded" seriously?

I agreed with most things the guy is saying, except about you know which is the better game. :D

4. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Yeah, true that. Why not just enjoy the game instead of arguing over like a fanboy. Just don't turn this section into another YouTube now.

5. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

Ah but argument is necessary for discussion. If everyone reaches consensus what is left to discuss.

But yeah if it doesn't turn into a youtube discussion, the forum will be better for it. I am assuming that was a general statement and not directed at me, because I've only made 1 comment on the thread till now. :)

6. dieselfit

dieselfit New Member

SR is a Gameboy compared to the new GTA or any of the games in general. I feel that SR was inspired by GTA and wouldn't have made it without it.

7. RaceFan

RaceFan New Member

exactly - burgers or ferraris. Saints Row is a joke. THQ doesn't have the money nor horsepower in their game engine to make Saints Row a great game - so they spend it on billboards on freeways and innercities hoping young kids riding in cars see the billboards and go - cool, i want to play a girl with a chainsaw and a pigtails.

8. mareebaybay

mareebaybay New Member

Saints Row use to be a great competitor of Grand Theft Auto. This was when I first started playing Saints Row 1 and 2. I even thought it would beat Grand Theft Auto eventually, because of how fast they were producing games. After playing Saints Row 3, it confirmed my thoughts. Grand Theft Auto will forever be on top.

9. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

I'll see you eat a ferrari when you're hungry. :p

10. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

No, it was a general statement. No insult was meant to anyone here.

11. Brothainarms

Brothainarms New Member

I don't think Saints Row IV beats GTA V. The reason for me is realism. Although they are video games (obviously), the element of realism in GTA V in terms of the overall world really makes it stand out to me over SRIV. I find myself more easily immersed in the game through this. I think the stories that Rockstar makes also blow any other industry's story lines out of the water!

12. Oakster

Oakster Member

Saints Row 3 was better than GTA IV, but Saints Row 4 is nowhere close to GTA V, not even close.

13. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

I only played a little bit of Saints Row IV, but it's a knockoff of GTA and Prototype in my opinion both games are more fun then Saints Row I would say even though I have never played GTA V, but with that being said its still an OK game.

14. Solar

Solar Member

Saints Row and GTA have become so different, considering that Saints Row 1 was like the true sequel to San Andreas (fuck that GTAIV shit).

They're both really damn good franchises now, though.

15. orz

orz Member

Completely different games, I don't particularly see how they can be compared based upon anything other than enjoyment out of playing either game. From my experience Saints Row is more entertainment and less of a realistic game.

16. WorkingGamer

WorkingGamer New Member

I enjoy a Saints Row game just as much as the next guy seeing as their a good few hours of silly mindless fun every now and then but it kind of lacks a few major things when compared to GTA V. I mean the multiplayer is limited to only co-op which is fine if you have a good friend and want to go through the story together but I find just messing around doing a whole lot of nothing can be a lot more fun and time consuming. Also SR just does not seem to have the same feel as GTA, but hey it does have some pretty nifty dressing options.

17. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

Personally I would like Saints Row to go back to their roots I had the most fun playing the 2nd one.

18. daimashin

daimashin New Member

Saints Row 1 and 2 were more grounded and comparable to GTA in terms of settings but after Saints Row 3, it has become so ridiculous it's not even the same thing anymore. Saints Row's stories can't never be compared to GTA's stories. GTA has great characters and development while Saints Row are mostly generic game characters. One thing Saints Row has going for is its sillyness.

19. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Member

I've never played a Saints Row game, but the new one looks crazy. I think it's off in its own little niche, with the over the top humor and gags. I don't think they have to be in direct competition, though.

20. sidd230

sidd230 Member

These games are not comparable. GTA is more of a serious crime oriented game whereas Saints Row is a parody, of itself. It did start off as a GTA clone but it has come a long way.