200 CC - the revival of MK8?

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by utneqo7d, May 5, 2015.

1. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

Looking at the latest DLC update with 200cc, I saw a sudden increase of popularity and hype about this new speed. You're now able to pull of bigger shortcuts, new tactics have to be made and making a mistake is way more crucial now.
    This makes a lot of people have interest in the game again, mainly in online gameplay and definately 'revived' the game (though it hasn't really died yet)

What do you guys think about this, do you agree with me that 200 cc was a great idea and made the game way more interesting again? Because I have the feeling this is really well played by Nintendo :)

2. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Haha, like you said, the game was never dead, so I wouldn't call it a revival. 200 cc did make the game require more skill than before, and the sense of speed on it is amazing. I really hope Nintendo keeps releasing MK8 dlc. Every time they do the game becomes so much better because of it.

3. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I never thought that this games was dead once. One thing that I have come to like with Nintendo is that they do a really good job of keeping games fun and this is something that I really like about them. The new release on the game just makes it a whole lot more fun and this is why I will continue to play it and keep getting the new content that just keeps making this game better and better.

4. troutski

troutski Active Member

It's not exactly groundbreaking. These things are to be expected from more powerful and fast rides. MK8 didn't need a revival because it was never dead, but it's nice nonetheless.

5. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

Well, then it's at least it 'boosted' the popularity of MK8, or at least that's what I experience. I've seen a huge increase in youtube videos about MK8, and know a lot of players who are way more interested in the game now.

6. Solar

Solar Member

It's a great addition, certainly, and definitely seemed to have brought some people back to the game, but I wouldn't call it a "revival" exactly. Still, I can't deny the game seems to be a tad more lively after its release.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think it's a great update. The regular game is already very nice but of course playing it over and over will make it a bit stale. Having this addition certainly breathes new life into the game.