Your Top Fighting Games

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Wubwub, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

The fighting genre is one of my favorites when it comes to video games. However, I do have favorite versions that are sometimes not the latest ones, since fighting games tend to be well made and they stick to the same basic principle anyway, so they usually age relatively well.

That said, my favorite versions of the famous fighting game titles are:

Street Fighter Alpha
    Marvel vs. Capcom
    Street Fighter vs. X-Men
    Tekken 5 & 6
    Rival Schools
    Bloody Roar

Which fighting games are your favorite?

2. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

Sorry, I don't know if this is a fighting game, but I really like the fighting mechanics within the Batman games, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City and the fighting is smooth and totally rewarding when you knockout a thug. It was a good experience for me, the fighting game play.

3. zambothegreat

zambothegreat Member

Tekken 5 is my favorite fighting game. After that, there's Tekken 4, Soul Caliber II, Mortal Kombat (latest one), Mortal Kombat 4, in no particular order.

4. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Batman games like Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are not considered fighting games. When people say fighting games, they are referring to versus games which is normally one on one fighting and you could either fight against the computer or against another person.

As for my favorite fighting games, they are the following:
    • Tekken 3
    • Tekken 5
    • Tekken 6
    • Tekken Tag Tournament 1
    • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    • Soul Calibur
    • Destrega
    • Dead or Alive 5
    • Virtua Fighter Evolution

5. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

As I stated earlier, I ever played other games for more than a couple of hours besides Tekken series. Here is my list of favorite fighting games -

1.) Tekken 3 - The forst fighting game I ever played.

2.) Tekken 5 - This game rocked!

3.) DOA 5 - A really decent game.

3.) Tekken Tag 1 and 2 - They both were amazing!

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think I know what you are referring to, and I think they have made an updated version for the new Batman game, and it does look good, and yes I think it can be considered a fighting game to some degree. Not something I'd personally like, though, but I do see myself trying it out in the future and I actually like Batman characters myself so I'm sure I'd still enjoy it somewhat.

7. Solar

Solar Member

I love a lot of fighters... just a few of my favorites

*Tekken Tag 2
    *Skullgirls
    *Persona 4 Arena (can't wait for the new version, looks excellent)
    *BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
    *Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

That's basically my top five without any real order. Wish they would back fighters like Bloody Roar...

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I never got MvC3 myself, but then again there are a lot of versions in that series that I don't get. I think it just moves way too fast for me and too many things on screen as well. Still pretty fun, though, since I am still able to play and enjoy it somewhat. :) As for Bloody Roar, I agree they really should bring it back, it would benefit from all the new technology and new game making skills of devs.

9. GetFresh

GetFresh Member

I really like Mortal Kombat 9. Mainly because it's really the only fighting game I have played. I found it pretty fun with all the x-ray specials and all that.

10. Boundless

Boundless Member

Whoa! This is one of these threads that a gaming community cannot be without!

I quite enjoyed the days when I played Burst Limit, as Dragon Ball Z is one of my favourite animes! Here's my list:

Burst Limit
    Street Fighter Alpha
    Tekken 5 / Tekken 6
    Mortal Kombat

11. Solar

Solar Member

Yeah, Marvel definitely takes getting used to. It's insane, but pretty fun if you can get into it.

And yeah, Bloody Roar should come back to compete with Tekken and Soul Calibur. Did you hear about the hoax a while ago regarding a resurrection of the series? Man, that sucked so much... friggin' trolls.

Wubwub likes this.
  12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I haven't heard about that, but I'll look it up! I actually find pranks like those amusing, but ultimately still very disappointing too sometimes. I actually didn't get into Bloody Roar that much, but I did enjoy it, and like I said, it could benefit from the depth that companies are now injecting onto games. It's a very interesting and fun concept. I hope they do actually bring it back someday. :)

13. Solar

Solar Member

Yeah, it was a pretty silly hoax. Someone created a Twitter account by the name Hudson Sft or something (developer of Bloody Roar, or maybe the publisher... I forget). Started talking about a revival of the series then I believe it ended with a picture of a trollface. Was even on some gaming websites. Good times. Probably the only time I actually got trolled.

14. Racer X

Racer X Member

Tough call. MK3 would be up there. I'd have to throw in Street Fighter, Soul Calibur.. maybe even Super Smash Bros. But Marvel V Capcom might just take the cake for me.

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

LOL. I would have probably gotten fooled myself. It's kind of admirable how much time and effort people put into their online hoaxing careers, but some kids just have more time than others, I guess. :D Hopefully it caught some attention from some higher ups though, I think BR would sell well today.

16. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

Super Smash Bros is awesome but nothing touches Soul Calibur and Tekken series for me. Tekken 3 in particular is such a revolutionary game.

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I didn't understand what was so good about Super Smash Brothers at first, to be honest, but once I got to play it, I could see why people found it very entertaining. It was just so fun and very easy to pick up without having to memorize combos or special moves. It makes me wish I had a Wii so I could play more of it.

18. CeliVega

CeliVega Member

Yup, the Smash series is awesome. I got exposed to it with the first game on Nintendo 64, and then I kept myself updated with Melee and Brawl. And now they are releasing two games at once. With interactivity between the two different games! And Megaman joins the fight this time too! I can't wait to play the upcoming game, but I think we would have to wait for a long time for the games to be released >_>

19. santorebirth

santorebirth New Member

I'm not a fan of these fighting games but the ones that I somewhat enjoyed playing are the following; Marvel vs. Capcom, Tekken 1 and Tekken Tag, old school Street Fighter, and that Dragon Ball Z SNES game way back in the 90's. (if this game can be considered as a "fighting game".)

20. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

I can not seem to get enough of these games. I am just like hooked to gaming these days and they are the games that am playing at the moment