Your Favorite Fighting Game Characters

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Wubwub, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see which characters our fighting game fans here use, so please list down which character is your default choice in every fighting game you play. :)

I honestly don't play many other games besides Tekken, Street Fighter & Mortal Kombat, or rather I don't play them frequently or obsessively enough to find a favorite character. For games like Rival Schools and Bloody Roar, I just pick different ones every time as they are all pretty much equal to me in terms of my knowledge in their moves. For the ones I do know to play, however, here are my favorites:

Tekken - Steve Fox
    Street Fighter - Ken
    Mortal Kombat - Sub Zero

How about you guys?

2. zambothegreat

zambothegreat Member

Tekken: Kazuya, closely followed by Yoshimitsu
    Street Fighter: Fei Long aka Bruce Lee
    Moral Kombat: used to be Scorpion, but now it's between him and Raiden
    Soul Caliber: Yoshimitsu

3. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

I love all the sexy lady fighters in all fighting games like Chun-Li from Street Fighter, Nina and Anna from Tekken and Sonya Blade from Mortal Kombat. But aside from these female hotties, I also like playing as Bryan and Jin in the Tekken series. I also liked Yoshimitsu before because I was fascinated with his sword. And I also like playing as Sub Zero because I love spamming his freeze attack.
    [​IMG]

4. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I have not played any other fighting game more more than 1 hour besides Tekken series. I am really into this series and getting into other series is bit too arduous for me. I really love characters like Law, Lee, Paul, Nina, Youshomutu and others. I have mastered to play with every character in the roster.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

@Ghost Rider I agree Yoshimitsu is very interesting. I tried learning him once and he has very good and powerful moves that are easy to do and some of his specials like his suicide move is also amusing. I also love Sub Zero and I really like that they started adding more and more ways to freeze the enemy as the newer versions progressed.

6. Balaal

Balaal Member

Mortal Kombat: Johnny Kage
    Tekken: Kazuya
    Street Fighter: Akuma
    Soul Caliber: Maxi

I always use those characters! I can't wait for Mortal Kombat X. Johnny Cage has always been a lot of fun to use!

7. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Tekken: Asuka/Jun
    Street Fighter: Q
    Soul Calibur: Ivy
    Dead or Alive: Helena

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Lol I hate fighting against Asuka she is so unpredictable. I agree she is very fun to use though but I just never got the appeal too much.

9. Askani

Askani Member

Mortal Kombat :Raiden
    Soul Calibur: Ivy
    Street Fighter: Akuma

10. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

See she's a perfect clone of asuka from tekken2/tekkentag1
    thats the really big draw. she's a really awesome character to play as with really nice juggles.
    She's not so much unpredictable as she is full of options.

11. CeliVega

CeliVega Member

Seeing some of you mentioning Mortal Kombat brings back some memories to me. Too bad the franchise didn't do that well and it has been a long time since the release of a Mortal Kombat title. I love Liu Kang the most. On the bright side, there's a new game coming up next year!
    This Mortal Kombat soundtrack is so popular back then, I remember hearing it in many occasion:

12. ray king

ray king Member

Mine has to be "The Almighty Zeus" from Real Steel, and also 'noisy boy' and 'twin cities'

From Street fighter it has to be: 'Akuma, Ken, Chun li and Juri'

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  13. Colebra

Colebra Member

Mortal Kombat: Noob Saibot
    Tekken: Mokujin (Like Tekken, but never played it really seriously. The wooden dude is too funny though)
    Street Fighter: This one is really hard... It's between Dee Jay and Dhalsim.
    Soul Calibur: Don't even know what this is.
    Dead or Alive: Don't even know what this is.

If there's a way for us to do this, I challenge anybody here for a MK match with Noob Saibot.
    There's no way I won't win playa...

14. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I never knew she was from the original versions. I never played those and I think she wasn't around anymore by Tekken 3. But yeah I agree she her high and low hits within combos are very easily changed so I often get confused when trying to block or dodge them. Now I'm curious to see how she was in the original games.

15. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

I also loved Ken from Street Fighter! The only character that I really gotten into was Ken.

16. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Fairly similar, but with a few less lead in combo's.. Tekken 2 was my first and only ps1 for like 6 months so I'm really good at that game..

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Haha that's great that you were able to geek out on Tekken for a good amount of time. I myself did that with the third after I learned how great of a game it was. I initially just ignored it when my friends were playing it and whenever I played it I just button mashed but my friend taught me the King grapple combo and I was hooked.

18. MissBin

MissBin Member

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Oh, I absolutely love fighting games. Here's my favorite characters.
    From Tekken, I like Asuka, Jun, and Lili.
    From Dead or Alive, I'm mainly Kasumi, Hayabusa, Hayate/Ein, Tina, and Christie.
    From Mortal Kombat, I'm frequently Raiden, Liu Kang, and Kitana.
    From Soul Caliber, I'm constantly laying as Talim, Taki, Seung Mina, Cassandra and Sophitia, and Kilik.
    From Virtua Fighter, I like playing as Aoi, Sarah, and Kage-Maru.

I play more fighting games than that, but those are the ones I want to name right now.

20. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've totally forgotten about virtua fighter. I haven't played it in a very long time but I remember that my favorite one to use there was the ninja.