Worst Game

Discussion in 'Portable Gaming' started by dannyboy, Feb 12, 2014.

1. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

What is the worst portable game you have played and what made the game that way?

2. Wick99

Wick99 Member

Probably Flappy Bird. the graphics were reused and the gameplay was kind of broken. the bird went up too much when you tapped. I couldn't even get past the first pipe so I deleted it.

3. CeliVega

CeliVega Member

Flappy Bird is available on PSP? But anyway, that game just screams Mario with its gameplay.

4. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

Yeah Flappy Bird was just awful in my opinion. I just did not get a lot of entertainment value from that game at all.

5. meta_mach

meta_mach New Member

Flappy birds controls were fine, if you tap hard the bird goes higher unlike other games where all taps equal out to the same thing no matter how hard or light. You would have to think of it like when console games have trigger sensitive controls. But since OP is asking about PsP the worst game would have to be this:

6. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

Wow it is amazing that a game could be that bad.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I played a game called MediEvel in PSP and although it wasn't really all that terrible, I felt it to be a bit underwhelming and generic. I installed that game and immediately deleted it after about 30 minutes of gameplay because I got so bored with it and finishing it would have felt more like work than play.

8. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Yeah, Flappy Bird was not on the PSP. However, it's not in line with Mario either. The pipes that you have to avoid look like they came directly from an 8-bit Mario game but the similarity ends there. Flappy Bird plays more like Jetpack Joyride.

9. ErzaShadowalker

ErzaShadowalker New Member

The worst game I played was Arcade Classic 3D, for the Nintendo 3DS. That game is horrendous, it continuously lags, has poor graphics, the games are unnatural. It's simply the worst 3DS game I played, I disliked it. I can't believe it's even up for sale at the eShop, that game isn't worth the download.

10. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I haven't played much games on portable consoles. The ones I played were always racing games. I enjoyed most of it.

11. froggy666

froggy666 Member

It's Medievil for a start. It was basically a port of a ps1(maybe 2) game. It's first level was used as a demo so you probably didn't get a good experience.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

That explains a lot actually. It definitely played just like a PS1 game, and like I said, it wasn't too bad, but it was very frustrating. Not that PS1 games can't be good, but I think even in the PS1 days, this would have been one of the games I would have ignored.

13. froggy666

froggy666 Member

It worked surprisingly well for what it was. The only problem was the fact that the initial level guided you on how not to fail in a period of time this was severely frowned upon.

14. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've already forgotten the first level at this point, but I think I did get past the first stage but ultimately my main qualm about it was that the overall gameplay didn't appeal to me as I did not like any particular aspect of it. Not the character, not the weapons, etc. I have heard some people liking it, so I say good for them.

15. froggy666

froggy666 Member

It had an absurdly large weapon choice for the time period it launched in. The character didn't really talk as, well he's dead. The funny thing is that it's mentioned that he can't talk as the king took his tong.

16. Clanky

Clanky Member

Zelda for the GBA. A friend of mine played it all the time but I never understood what was so great about this game. Played it for 10 minutes, then left the game and never played it again.

17. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

The worst game that I have ever played on a portable device has to be Pokemon. I hated all of the Pokemon games that I have ever played on a portable device.

18. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Whaaat? Really? Do you hate all RPG's or just pokemon. I really just don't get it.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

This is a throwback, and it's not the worst game ever, but it is the worst Sonic game. Sonic Labyrinth for the Sega Game Gear just should not exist. I understand the concept of a forcefully slowed down Sonic (which was obviously Dr. Eggman's fault), but when put to practice in the game, it just doesn't work.

20. ray king

ray king Member

That has to be Song Rush for me, it was plain and boring. The levels seemed to be almost the same and repetitive. And as boring as it was, it included in app purchases, that seemed to be much too expensive for the gameplay.