NASCAR 14 Will You Get This Game?

Discussion in 'NASCAR 23' started by dannyboy, Feb 12, 2014.

1. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

Yep, a good solid NASCAR game needs a way for the driver to grow in a series, advance upward, get in better equipment etc in my opinion. That is if you are a fan of the sport. One of my favorite versions had you starting as a rookie with crap equipment and you built a bank up and moved into newer better cars etc. And, at the same time you could also just click the option to race in case you just wanted a fun race against other equal cars etc.

2. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

Thats a good point and what I've been trying to say on why I like NASCAR games. I really enjoy the back at the garage type of game where you have to build on what you have and work the cars from a tech standpoint. Some games have it and some don't. I like knowing I can step up to a better car if I get enough cash in the bank etc. I love tweaking things as well - career mode is a must.

3. Strykstar

Strykstar Member

I don't think I'll be picking it up, NASCAR games rarely have that little something special that makes me want to buy them, whenever I try out a demo or watch a stream it's always the same boring kind of track.
    It might be some fun to watch in person, but to spend hours actually driving in it, no thanks.

4. troutski

troutski Active Member

I've owned this game since it came out, and I've played quite a bit of it. It's a more than decent racing game, especially for a NASCAR title.

5. Darius

Darius Member

I want to give a NASCAR game a decent try but I havent had the chance to. I mighbt pick this one up though. Especally if it comes out on PS4/XB1

6. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

I doubt I'll pick it up as well. The thing with realistic racing game simulators, when you've played one, you've played all of them. The only difference between this game and Gran Turismo or F1 is the type of cars available. Everything else is the same, it's just a race to the finish line, and I honestly wouldn't have fun with it. I'd rather play some Mario Kart or the classic Crash Team Racing, because you'll feel more challenge there with the different maps and weapons you can use to destroy your opponents.

7. krnd

krnd Member

I'm pretty sure I will pick it up, even though it wont be anything too groundbreaking but it still holds a spot in my heart, but I wouldn't put it over many other games that don't offer such a classical setting.

8. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Member

Of course!

9. maestro

maestro Member

I own Nascar 15 which I really loved because of the playoff rounds. I was about to get '14 but I hear it is almost similar to '15, so there is no need.