NASCAR 14 Will You Get This Game?

Discussion in 'NASCAR 23' started by dannyboy, Feb 12, 2014.

1. RadialPerson

RadialPerson Member

Probably not, I mean NASCAR seems to be pretty niche when it comes to racing simulators which usually have a wide array of different types of racing from Rally to GT like Gran Turismo. NASCAR is just too limited to appeal to me and be worth getting, maybe if it was like 1/3 of the price of a normal game but at full price there are much better racing games out there for the money.

2. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

I'm a huge NASCAR fan and I agree completely, the price point needs to be lower. But then again I paid because I'm a fan and I love those types of cars and the driver names and the tracks I enjoy. But I can see where if you were not a fan that would be worth a lower price. But NASCAR's not big on discounts!

3. jetliposting

jetliposting New Member

Probably not... I'm not a huge NASCAR fan. I do watch it every now and then, but I only know the drivers that used to race in Europe, and some from the defunct Champ Car. Also, I must confess that the NASCAR games I've played so far weren't that good, and I've played quite a few. I'll probaly leave this one to true NASCAR fans :p.

4. Diego Carmona

Diego Carmona New Member

Unless it shows a real improvement and isn't just the same game with new cars I won't be buying it. I've tried some NASCAR games and they're quite fun for a while, but then you remember Gran Turismo also has NASCAR and a bunch of other type of competitions and you ask yourself what you were doing playing the Call of Duty of racing instead of going back to the masterpiece you always love.

5. bluekknd2

bluekknd2 New Member

I always pick these up. Not necessarily on release, especially if something else I want is releasing. I enjoy the technical aspects of these games.

6. shreklock

shreklock Member

I won't get at the release, though I will think about getting it if I don't have anything to play or I get this game really cheap.

7. dinomarino1

dinomarino1 Member

the problem with nascar games is that you can only do so much with the specific guidelines. there are only so many new features you can incorporate. i am a huge fan of nascar but stopped after on of the later nascar games for the ps2!

8. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

No, it's highly unlikely that I will. NASCAR games as a whole just really fail to impress me- I agree with another poster who mentioned they're pretty limited, and there are just plenty of other games I'd rather spend my money and my time on.

9. brandonisking

brandonisking New Member

I don't know, I haven't heard about this game at all, but I'm always willing to try new games that aren't as mainstream. If it has a pretty decent interface like GT5 or Gran Turismo I just might give it a try. Underdogs need love too lol.

10. brandonisking

brandonisking New Member

@BBarnett22 Nr2003 for PC? I'm not too familiar with many of the PC based racing games. How good are the graphics? Is it similar to Need for Speed Underground 2? I wouldn't mind investing in a PC based racer game, but I just don't know any really great ones.

11. brandonisking

brandonisking New Member

@JessiFox I definitely agree with you there. NASCAR games don't give you the range of flexibility and customization options that many other higher end racing games out there offer. Hopefully one day soon they'll wake up, and change this major hindrance.

12. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

That's my whole game plan with buying a game these days. Sit back and let the others go for the rush. I generally try it out with a friend and then pick it up down the road on sale. Or buy at full price if I decide I like it enough.

13. Kraiten

Kraiten New Member

I have played previous versions of Nascar games and it just doesn't interest me as much anymore. I don't what about it, but I only enjoy these games when I'm playing with friends.

14. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

I guess I'm going to try something like the online sim games this next year. You're right, playing with friends and even online with fellow race fans seems to be a key to NASCAR games. Great point.

15. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Member

I am going to avoid this installation. The already have previous versions of NASCAR for ps3, so I don't really need it. Besides, they really aren't adding much to this version that the others versions don't already have. I am just going to stick to my other racing games.

16. wulfman

wulfman Member

I am not that familiar with the NASCAR series. I do have a PS3 and never bought it.

17. Guardian

Guardian New Member

Until the developers of NASCAR games can bring back a good career mode with decent progression, a realistic AI, and actually bring life into the games with reasonable rewards and challenges, Iam staying away. The last iterations by multiple developers have left me wanting. I haven't played a truly great NASCAR game since Dirt to Daytona. So, no, I will not be getting this until they can show me they care about these things. If not it's a waste of my time.

18. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I'm getting it sometime in the near future. I just have so many games to play at the moment that I don't have time for anything else. The release of Smash Bros is also not a good sign for the time I will spend with the rest of my games, that's why I'm holding off a bit before getting this.

19. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. I think as long as the game is well made then it should appeal to people regardless of genre, but unfortunately a lot of games tend to get ignored and so no one tries them out enough to see the potential

20. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

I seriously doubt that I will be getting this one. I have never been a fan of Nascar racing games. They(the makers) never seem to put enough effort into the game play. Need for speed was always above Nascar, in my opinion.