Will we get any classic Nintendo Characters?

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by Mason, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Mason

Mason Member

Expect to see many classic Mario characters in Mario Kart 8, that's a given, but do you think we'll see any classic Nintendo characters? Like Falco, Zelda, Link etc? I know this is probably unlikely because it's pretty much set in the world of Mario, but I think it'd be cool.

What do you think? I don't recall past Mario Kart games having any Nintendo characters unless they were in the Mario games.

2. gats

gats Member

It would be awesome if the next Mario Cart game will feature most other Nintendo characters like Super Smash Brothers. I would definitely like to see Link, Captain Falcon or Falco added at least. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo does this one of these days.

3. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

Considering how stale the past few installments of the game have been, I think doing something like this is the only thing that'll freshen it up. Don't think it's happening on Kart 8 though, probably down the line they'll be forced to do it if the sales fall.

4. nicotta

nicotta Member

I would definitely buy it if I saw some classic nintendo characters. Lol pichachu racing mare.

5. Brad

Brad Member

Zelda, Link would be a dream line up imagine like Super Smash Bros characters with Mario Kart 8 gameplay :O wow.

6. nicotta

nicotta Member

Yeah that would be some epic gameplay right there man.

7. jcairns82

jcairns82 Member

As you mentioned, they usually stick with the Mario franchise for the characters. It's called Mario Kart not Nintendo kart. I admit that it would be fun to throw in the rest of the characters, but maybe they could great a different forum for that.

8. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

I would totally buy Nintendo Kart. Mario Kart 8 on the other hand holds no novelty for me.

9. sn1

sn1 Member

It would really be interesting though, I'm sure lot more people would want to purchase the game because of that element.

10. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Member

It would be great to see other characters get their own cars. I'm sure Nintendo will use this as a selling point at some point down the line, but it would be really fun to see Samus or Kid Icarus get into the karting action. I can already see the races in my head.

11. Wick99

Wick99 Member

That would be interesting but I doubt that classic Nintendo characters would make it as fun as it has been. They don't really fit with the "groove" or "feel" of the game.

12. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Naw, I don't think they'd use any characters outside of Mario characters honestly. It doesn't really.. fit with the games motif.

13. IndianapolisJones

IndianapolisJones New Member

I don't think they'll introduce that much of a variety of characters in Mario Kart 8, though I'm sure that somewhere down the line, Nintendo is going to release a game similar to Super Smash Bros in the sense that it incorporates characters from a variety of games except in racing form. I'd definitely buy that.

14. CeliVega

CeliVega Member

Well, Waluigi didn't make it as a playable character for the upcoming Smash Bros, (I believe he only got in as a assist trophy) so it would be nice if they could make up to him by introducing Baby Waluigi to the roster. And perhaps it's time we get some characters exclusive items?

15. panderson248

panderson248 Member

I personally don't think they will but the classic Nintendo characters are what made this series fun and playable and they should have not stopped making games with them. I loved sitting on my couch and playing a retro Mario game with all of the old characters.

16. ErzaShadowalker

ErzaShadowalker New Member

Sadly, I don't think Nintendo will do that, Mario Kart is only exclusive to the Mario series characters. It would be awesome to see other reoccurring Nintendo IPs (Intellectual Properties) but they'd be better making an entire different game just exclusively with all the Nintendo IPs.

17. cedrickismw

cedrickismw New Member

I agree with the poster above, Nintendo Kart sounds awesome! Not only does that give them a chance to try out some new stuff it opens up the entire library. Why not? Nintendo does spin-off games really well I think, and I would expect something like that to really catch on.

18. Balaal

Balaal Member

Someone pitch this to Nintendo!!! It would be awesome to have them skip a year of Mario Kart for the sake of making a "Nintendo Kart"! I understand the idea is basically the same for super smash bros, but I am certain it will still hold novelty value among Mario Kart and Nintendo fans alike.

19. Jasonreid

Jasonreid Member

Adding some classical Nintendo characters would make thing a lot more interesting. In fact it sounds like the start of a completely new gaming idea for nintendo.

20. kaineparker

kaineparker Member

I think Captain Falcon would be kind of hilarious XD he's more known for punching people now that he is for his racing game. I'd like to see it.