Will this come out for the 3DS and 2DS at some point?

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by Mason, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Mason

Mason Member

Since Mario Kart 7 came out for the 3DS I only figured we'd see a version of MK8 on the 3DS and the 2DS at some point and time, albeit a less powerful one, but still good obviously. Anyways, if it comes out, will you get it? I imagine since the Wii U isn't doing so great, that they'll put a port of it on both. What do you think?

2. Marcus

Marcus Member

I imagine there will be a port of some sort, it's usually a given because it may not do so well on the Wii U, especially with how bad the Wii U has been ever since its release. I bet we'll see it on both the 3DS and 2DS, seeing as they're both the same handheld device, one without 3D and doesn't close.

3. Brad

Brad Member

Yes i believe they may since it will make them even more money which is what game developers want nowadays.

4. AlexTraveller

AlexTraveller Member

I would put doubt in Nintendo's business model if they didn't release it on the DSs.

5. nicotta

nicotta Member

Of course I mean its Nintendo isn't it anything for a quick buck I guess.

6. jardantuan

jardantuan New Member

Nope, I doubt very much that we'll see MK8 for 3DS (FYI, the 2DS and 3DS are different versions of the same console, much like the Xbox 360 and 360 slim - you can play all the same games on both of them, albeit without 3D capabilities on the 2DS). It's odd that Nintendo opted for numbered titles over uniquely named games, like Mario Kart Double Dash, but Mario Kart has always operated on a 'one per console' basis.

They'd be breaking the trend by releasing the same game on both handheld and console, and besides, the Wii U needs all the help it can get. If people could buy a 3DS version, why would they choose the Wii U version (which would entail buying a new console for many people)?

7. hydrlon

hydrlon New Member

If they haven't released MK8 to 3DS or 2DS yet, I don't think they ever will.

8. TheViper

TheViper Member

I have no doubt that they will release it for the 3DS. They know that a lot of people don't see the Wii U as a worthy console. Needless to say that I use to love Nintendo until they stopped trying.

9. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Member

I think they're already breaking that trend. I mean, Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U looks suspiciously like it started life as a 3DS title, and the upcoming Smash Bros. game is releasing for both the Wii U and the 3DS. If I can, I definitely plan on getting both, to get my Smash on the go, and on the big screen. I thought I'd heard Mario Kart 8 was coming out for both consoles, but I could be wrong.

10. ErzaShadowalker

ErzaShadowalker New Member

That would be really awesome if they did that, but every Nintendo console has a Mario Kart game exclusively, no Nintendo console has ever gotten two separate Mario Kart unless it has been uploaded to Virtual Console (previous generation games). The Nintendo 3DS has Mario Kart 7 already. Sadly Nintendo won't make a Mario Kart 8 remake for the Nintendo 3DS, but we might be lucky to get some Mario Kart games from previous consoles uploaded onto the Nintendo eShop.