Will the Xbox One have problems selling?

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Mason, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Mason

Mason Member

Lets face it, Microsoft really didn't do so well in revealing the Xbone as I like to call it. But they changed all the bad and gave us all the good, so far that is. Will the problems they had in the beginning, even though they fixed them, come back to bite them? I have hopes the Xbone will do just fine, because I'm getting both a PS4 and Xbone whenever I can.

I figure though the Xbone will get in second place behind the PS4, this time I believe that will happen.

2. bombthecherry

bombthecherry Member

I feel like a lot of damage was done, and is irreversible to some people. It'll sell well, no doubt, but I don't know that it'll do better than the PS4.

3. ellegirl

ellegirl New Member

I agree with Bombthecherry in that a lot of damage was done and that it may be irreversible to some people.. However, I'm sure that it will sell, especially if they make it a point to ensure the customer that the bad things have now been changed.

4. xlzqwerty1

xlzqwerty1 Member

We'll see how it sells. It's hard to predict how a product will sell without concrete data after a few actual sales. With what microsoft did to the Xbox One and all those regulation reversal crap, I'm thinking that PS4 will be a bit better off at launch.

5. x0MandyLynn0x

x0MandyLynn0x New Member

I don't think it will have problems selling to the people who are true Xbox fan boys/girls. They will buy an Xbox even if the cost was $1000, I'm sure! Other than that though, I personally think it's not going to sell as well as the PlayStation 4 will. One, because from what I've read in reviews, for graphics, the games. The PlayStation 4 has got it better. And two, (which is a big reason) the Xbox One is $100 more!! Which is why I see it not selling so well, since the PS4 already is going to be better, and it's cheaper. So you kind of get a rip off with Xbox One. If they wanted to attempt to get more buyers, they should of just made it the same price as the PlayStation 4. Just putting my two cents in.

6. TopRacer

TopRacer New Member

I don't think it will do better than the PS4. Like you said, a lot of the restrictions Microsoft put on the console made people switch to the PS4. Even though they've removed some, I can't see many coming back. It'll sell well, but not as good as the PS4.

bombthecherry likes this.
  7. bombthecherry

bombthecherry Member

Exactly. For people like me when Microsoft started changing things it was a matter of 'too little, too late', as they'd showed that they don't really care about the consumer.

8. TopRacer

TopRacer New Member

So many companies look at their customers as money now and not people. Microsoft showed this again a few months ago. Both Sony and Microsoft gave away 2 free games per month for Xbox 360 and PS3. The Xbox 360 games were trash, and most were indie. PS3 on the other hand got great games.

9. bombthecherry

bombthecherry Member

Exactly, the 360 free games were all pretty old, so chances are most people would have played them already. Crackdown? Seriously? I'm sure most people who wanted to play that most definitely did a long time ago.

10. Farseer

Farseer Member

I think it will sell, for a few reasons - Microsoft fixed some of their mistakes from the xbox reveal, the exclusives, Microsoft fan boys, Kinect... Choosing a console really depends on what games you want to play and what features you want to use. It should be the reason, anyway, and not because you didn't like the original xbox DRM.

11. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

There are still a lot of Xbox fans out there who are willing to dish out their money to purchase an Xbox One. I agree that it won't sell as much as the PS4 because of the things that transpired earlier this year. Microsoft has made some huge errors. But then again, they could still make up for some lost ground by dishing out a lot of quality games like Forza.

12. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

It'll sell alright, no doubt about that. But it is an inferior console priced higher than its immediate competitor. It'll definitely end up second best this time.

13. Kevin Valerio

Kevin Valerio Member

I think the Xbox One will sell, but not for as much as it originally could have. Just for the people who pretty much have always loved Microsoft and their products, but for people who were in the middle, they will definitely go for the PS4. Microsoft just made such a horrible first impression with it, sales won't be as high as it could have, but it probably won't be a dead console and it'll make decent sales.

14. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

Here's the thing, loyal Xbox 360 will buy the Xbox One. The thing will sell for sure, probably breaking records of something. However, is it better than the Ps4? The Xbox One hasn't shown anything that will make average gamers or casual Playstation gamers sucked into the Xbox One. The PS4 however has released gameplay of anticipated next-gen consoles. There were a lot of exclusives that a lot people would want to buy. Overall, yes, the Xbox One will sell but will it sell as much as the Xbox 360 did? We will see, but I think not.

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I don't think it will have much problem selling, but I do think it will have a hard time competing this generation, since Sony has done very well with all their recent decisions and have garnered much appreciation from the gaming community. I'm also personally excited to see how everything plays out, and I'm especially looking forward to hearing about reactions to the initial use of Xbox One and PS3 since I've followed all the speculation and hype up to this point.

16. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I can't see why they will have any problems selling this console to audience since they ave removed the bizarre DRM and always on Kinect system. It shows that they are big, but flexible corporation that listens to the feedback and acts accordingly. They are not going to let this opportunity slip away from their hands. You will see hat they will surpass PS4 sales sooner or later. It's just a matter of time before it happens.

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, but I think the mandatory connect and one time connection requirement is still around, and it's probably going to be a big deterrent to their appeal to the gamer market. I have a feeling they are slowly moving towards marketing it as a family console rather than a gamer specific one.

18. Solar

Solar Member

No. It will sell like crazy, as will the PS4. I still feel that those of us who really hated the direction the Xbone was taking are in the minority, but I guess we were a very vocal minority at least...

19. orz

orz Member

I think its fair to say the PS4 has won this console generation. You might think its a bit crazy to be saying that before the consoles have even launched but I feel the damage Microsoft has done has really left a lot of gamers feeling betrayed and let down, I remember an Amazon survey a while back which had the ratio of people buying PS4:XBOne at something like 12:1.

20. Racer X

Racer X Member

I can't really say. I have to agree that we just don't know what kind of purchases die-hard fans will come out making. But I've seen the negative reactions to MS over the transition to XB1 so I can see where the OP is coming from with this question. And you guys might just be right, Playstation might just win the day/generation.