Who turns off their radio while roaming?

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by mddimehdi, Oct 9, 2014.

1. the_alex

the_alex New Member

I always keep the radio on. I just need that extra beat to make me feel like a boss while mowing down people on the sidewalks or doing missions where I creep around corners with a shotgun in my hand. Plus I've always liked GTA's songs, they're good choices and fit the game well.

2. Cloister

Cloister New Member

I only have a few tracks I like on the radio in-game, so i'll usually have it off when they're not playing. Instead, when i'm playing i'll just open my laptop or phone and listen to my favorite music from there.

3. shreklock

shreklock Member

I feel the same way. I've always enjoyed the music that Rockstar picks. Although I hate quite a few of them, the good ones make up for the bad ones.

4. dinomarino1

dinomarino1 Member

at first i played the radio but after times there is oly so many times you can listen to one song. i normally turn it off unless i have my headsets on when im focusing on story

5. SlickBlasianYouTube

SlickBlasianYouTube Member

I turn it on at all times. I only turn the radio if I'm focusing on an objective or my friends are talking.

6. coeck

coeck New Member

I never turn off the radio unless i'm doing a difficult quest. I enjoy listening to all the different radio stations.
    This way i get to know all kind of new songs that I've never heard about. There is also one little exception when i turn off the radio, it's when i want to hear the engine of my car when i'm driving really fast. I guess that's just a personal thing. What do you guys think about that?

7. sillylab

sillylab Member

I used to love the music but hearing the same songs over and over again drove me absolutely crazy. So now I just listen to my mp3 instead while cruising.

8. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

I often turn off radio or music in games with them to immerse myself in the world. Obviously linear games need music, but when it comes to open world games like Fallout and GTA, I tend to turn off music for immersion. I really like the music in GTA 5 more than 4, since 4 just had garbagey hip hop and rock.

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I do this too sometimes especially if I've already heard the tracks in the game many times over. On some of the previous consoles you were even allowed to put in your own music so I did that on those games.

10. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

Sometimes I just like to roam around the city in my car and just vibe to Kendrick Lamar's song and just feel cool at song just gives me this mellow vibe you know.

11. BatDash

BatDash New Member

I love the music in the game, it's one of my favourite thing about driving around online and offline. The only time I'll ever put the radio off is if I'm in the middle of a scenario quest and there's a character in my car trying to converse with me. Otherwise, it's radio mirror park all the way babeh!

12. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

I be honest. It's irritating to listen to the radio and your passenger at the same time. Some of the info I'm getting is crucial info to finish the game. So I shut the radio off and listen in on important info.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

They really do have a knack for finding just the right music for each genre and I don't fault them for putting in all that other music that I don't like because I'm sure they just put it there to be appealing to someone else. I even play their playlists offline to be honest.

14. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I only turn off my radio if I'm on a mission but if I'm not I just listen to Radio Mirror Park it has nice songs.

15. BJL717

BJL717 New Member

I thought I was the only one to turn off my radio. The tracks were fine to listen to at the beginning, but after a while it can be quite boring listening to the same songs over and over again. I tend to listen to my iPod.

16. Darius

Darius Member

I turn it off sometimes if I just dont like the songs on or I wanna hear my engine.

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same here. No matter how good the compilation is I can only listen to it a number of times before getting tired of it. Driving without the radio is also fun in its own way.

18. Darius

Darius Member

Driving without the radio is great on missions because then the action music plays and I absolutely love it. It adds a more badass feel to the missions.

19. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

That's true. It comes off more like a movie that way because the mood music isn't drowned out by the radio and the silence leading up to it adds a lot.

20. Maxx Johnson

Maxx Johnson New Member

For me, it depends on my mood. If I feel like cruising around, I'll most likely put on Los Santos Rock Radio, or Radio Los Santos. It usually is the former, due to my love for 80's music. The song selection in GTA V is amazing! I love most, if not all, of the songs on the radio stations I listen to. However, if I'm in a cop chase, chasing someone down in multiplayer, or anything involving guns or concentration, I'll most likely turn off the radio as it would be a distraction for me.