Which one do you prefer: PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by elmarianexx, Aug 15, 2015.

1. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

I've always had a playstation so the controller is familiar and comfortable. I have a PSN plus membership which offers me free indie title each month to play. I know my way around the store and the remote play was a huge bonus.

2. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I've always been more of an Xbox gamer, but I always got the Playstation a couple of years down the road, so that I get to experience all exclusives. I know it's not relevant to this question, but my true heart stays with PC.

3. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

How is this relevant to "other racing games"? Let me correct it now. If you are talking about racing games on either platform, you are going to find that most racing titles will be made for both platforms. If are into a particular exclusive racing game, then you might want to get that game console. The graphics are all high quality, but the XBOX ONE may be done in 720p as the PS4 is bringing out 1080p. The PS4 is graphically superior, but the human eye can only pick up so much, and the differences is minimal. Unless you are really anal and have the screen 3 feet away from you.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I don't really use consoles since I think they're a waste of money, but if I would have to buy one I'd probably go with the PS4. From what I've heard the graphic performance is much better and I also like the controller more.

5. troutski

troutski Active Member

The PlayStation 4 is better hardware-wise than the Xbox One, especially for racing games. I prefer the exclusive racing titles for the One, though.

6. troutski

troutski Active Member

Then again, I'm assuming OP made a random post with no real connection to racing games. We just happened to fill in the blanks for her. :p

7. troutski

troutski Active Member

Also, the difference between 720p and 1080p is incredibly noticeable from a distance. The difference between 900p, the usual framerate of Xbox One titles, and 1080p, the usual for PS4 titles, is negligible.

8. Susime

Susime Active Member

Since I only have an Xbox One I'm naturally gonna say I prefer the Xbone.

I haven't really tried the PS4 out so I can't really make a fair comparison but going on from what games I like, I have to say that I do prefer the Xbone because it has the Forza series, that I love.

9. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

To be honest with you guys, I still love the kart racers from Nintendo. They were straight up fun and not suppose to be as real as possible. It's the best for party games.

10. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

PC playing is also one of my favourites besides to playing on my playstation.

11. troutski

troutski Active Member

Honestly, the two consoles are very similar after all is said and done. I prefer the Xbox One controller far more than the PS4 controller, though. That's something Microsoft got really, really right.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I prefer ps just because Xbox one just left a bad taste in my mouth after I saw their presentation. Also I'm much more used to a ps controller anyway and it's the more popular choice here so I'm going to have to go with that as well.

13. TheViper

TheViper Member

The console preference for me is PS4 and I can't come to love Xbox One. The other thing is that the PS4 has better capabilities when it comes to what it can bring.

14. troutski

troutski Active Member

Generic statement with no details or proof whatsoever is generic statement.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I'm quite the opposite, actually. I feel like the Xbox ONE controller is pretty bulky while the PS4 one is stellar - really good shape, easy to hold in hand and has a beautiful design. The XBONE also looks like an old VcR, no offense.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'm a ps can but I don't think it has more capabilities. In my opinion the xbox gives a lot more consumer value due to voice control and motion detection but honestly I don't think it plays a big part on why people choose either. People just want to play exclusives.

17. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

I would recommend none of them. I think PC is the best platform to play video games! First of all, desktop provide big screen to enjoy the game and the sound quality that comes out from the speaker (with bass) really entertains us.

18. spence88

spence88 Member

Yeah, I agree with rajesh1209. PC absolutely destroys both of these consoles. Buy these consoles only if you have no choice and REALLY want to play a console exclusive game. Now, having said that, to answer the question, I think I'll go with Xbox because of Gears of War. That is the game which I think will justify me buying an Xbox console.

19. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

Niether. I would always go with the PC due to the variety of games offered on the system and the specifications due if you have a beastly PC to play games on. If I had to choose I would choose the PS4 over the Xbox though.

20. Locoton22

Locoton22 Member

I sincerelly prefer PS because I have been playing PS since I was 6 years old and I am somehow loyal to the brand, so yes, I do prefer PS for many other reasons such as graphics, controllers, games and the community itself.