What's your favourite movie genre?

Discussion in 'Film and Television' started by billydd, Oct 11, 2013.

1. billydd

billydd Member

I love horror and sci fi but I don't mind a bit of mystery and thriller, what's your favourite.

2. Farrah

Farrah Member

I get enough drama and thrills in my regular daily life. So, when I go to the movies, I like to get a good laugh. So I am going to say comedies. But they have to be good comedies.

Racer X likes this.
  3. davis

davis Active Member

Drama. I like to weep in public whilst munching on popcorn.

Racer X likes this.
  4. Racer X

Racer X Member

^ lol.

I'm gonna agree with Farrah on comedies. Sometimes I like to turn my brain off and enjoy senseless mayhem in action movies.. I even like drama-action type movies like the Dark Knight series. But comedy is def what I'd pick first if I had to choose.

5. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

Fantasy and sci fi particularly the cheesy, twisted and/or LSD fueled ones from the 60s, 70s and the 80s. Think stuff like Zardoz.

Of course I like the newer more cerebral scifi and the over the top showmanship of LOTR as well. Also, anyone who likes stuff like Transformers is NOT a sci fi fan, neither are Twilight fans, fantasy fans.

6. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

When screenwriters could no longer write any more good movies such as The Usual Suspects, The Sting, Oceans 11 [mostly gangster movies, eh?] I stopped watching all movies except comedies. If I want to watch something absurd, I'd rather go for something which I know beforehand is absurd. If I don't get a laugh out of it, I at least get to enjoy seeing a grown man make a fool of himself on camera.

7. a bean

a bean New Member

comedies - but absurd - monty python, mel brooks and woody allen [both early years], kids in the hall. that sorta thing

8. Farseer

Farseer Member

I love comedy, Monty Python's Life of Brain and The Holy Grail and Airplane are my favorite movies thus far. Other genres speak less to me, as I believe they are much better to read, rather than watch.

9. TopRacer

TopRacer New Member

I have a couple. Action and Comedy. I love both genres and most of my favorite films fall under them. It's even better when there's an action-comedy movie like Naked Gun or Pink Panther.

10. x0MandyLynn0x

x0MandyLynn0x New Member

I guess this basically depends on my mood at the time. If I had to choose one though, it would be Comedy, and Horror not too far behind. I think it's nice to have a few good laughs while watching a movie. I don't think the newer comedy is quite as good as the older stuff, it's usually more 'raunchy' you could say, now. Movies that had Chris Farley, Chevy Chase, John Candy, Walter Mattthau, Steve Martin etc..were all classic comedians. Not many can hold up to them in the business today, although I do love Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey movies. Definitely a Comedy movies fan!

11. AlexTraveller

AlexTraveller Member

Drama or historical drama.

I really love drama and I really love history - bring them both together and I will be super excited forever.

12. ReinaDIa

ReinaDIa Member

My go-to is usually comedies and every so often, animated films.
    I also like horror on occasion but I always end up watching through my fingers or with my eyes half closed.

13. bombthecherry

bombthecherry Member

Comedies for me too. They're just the easiest kind of film to watch. Most other stuff I have to be in the mood for.

14. a bean

a bean New Member

airplane - good call

"my dad says you don't play defense." - the kid's line when he's talking to kareem - sorry, roger murdock - is one of my faves [of many from that flick]

15. a bean

a bean New Member

naked gun - another good call. i usually can't breathe well during those films because i'm laughing too hard. one line after another. there's too many to point out just one but here's a good one...

Mrs. Nordberg: [Wilma sobs again] Oh... Frank! Oh, this is terrible!
    Ed: Don't you worry, Wilma. Your husband is going to be all right. Don't you worry about anything. Just think positive. Never let a doubt enter your mind.
    Frank: [being blunt] He's right, Wilma. But I wouldn't wait until the last minute to fill out those organ donor cards.
    [Wilma sobs again]
    Ed: What I'm trying to say is that, Wilma, as soon as Nordberg is better, he's welcome back at Police Squad.
    Frank: [being blunt] Unless he's a drooling vegetable. But I think that's only common sense.
    [Wilma sobs again]

16. Rand paul

Rand paul Member

Slasher horror.
    with Halloween coming up ill be in my element.

17. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

I love thrillers and coming-of-age movies. My favorite movie in the thriller genre was probably Buried, it was really tense and a bit disturbing. I loved it. My favorite movie in the coming-of-age genre is The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Both movies were rich in detail and amazing characters and superb acting.

18. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

That reminds me that I have to see the Texas Chainsaw Masacre again.

19. Rand paul

Rand paul Member

The original?
    If so it is classic.

20. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

Obviously the original. There are no good movie remakes anyways.