What's your favorite Mario Kart weapon/powerup?

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by Rocketman, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

So Mario Kart 8 is not going to have any new items other than the core set. What's your favorite powerup from the Mario Kart series? I like the blue spiked shell. That thing is pure evil and ruins friendships

2. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I agree with the blue shell. That thing is amazing and pure evil. It can completely change the outcome in the matter of a few seconds..

3. Oakster

Oakster Member

I think the blue shell is too powerful, my favorite is the triple red shell, not only does it protect you until you use it, it hits your opponents without the need for too much aiming.

4. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

The bananas have always been my favourite. They take quite a lot of skill to use.

5. Oakster

Oakster Member

I agree, they are very hard to use, although it was almost life-changing when I discovered that I could shoot them forward :) Although most times that just ends up with me slipping on my own bananas :)

6. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

Whoa. You can shoot those forward? I had no idea. Gotta try that out!

7. goaboa

goaboa New Member

I like the triple red shells from mario kart 64. I always do well with those shells in that game. They always hit targets for me and never fail.

8. Oakster

Oakster Member

Yeah, you just need to push "up" as you fire them off.
    You can also push "down" to fire shells backwards.

9. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Member

I really like the triple green shell power up. I like shooting them in tight corridors, knowing that the ricochet is probably going to take someone out. I'm also a big fan of the Bullet Bill power up because it's mostly hands-free advancement.

10. Oakster

Oakster Member

The only problem with Bullet Bill is that you only get it when you are in dead last I think, it just serves as an equalizer :)

11. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Member

Yeah, most of the big power ups are last place, like the lightning and blue shell. Still fun when you pick them up, though. So annoying for everyone else, but great for the last place racer.

12. 4justice

4justice Member

The power up I remember fondly from Mario Kart is the red turtle shell. There was nothing like shooting that heat seeking shell at your opponent to make him/her pay for passing you lol. I've had many opponents swearing up a storm when friends came over with it.

13. cookiemonster16

cookiemonster16 Member

My favorite power up would have to be the blue shell as well because there have been times when I am so close to losing, but right when its the last lap and I really need all the help I can get a hear the beautiful sound of a blue shell passing by and I know its about the hit the one in first place so it helps me catch up and at one point it helped me pass and unlock a new level so definitely the blue shell works wonders.

14. gats

gats Member

I love screwing everybody else up with the lightning bolt.

15. Oakster

Oakster Member

Oooh, that's a good one too, I always forget about it, it's especially good if you can time it when someone is on a critical turn or jump, they lose even more time then.

16. dinomarino1

dinomarino1 Member

i have nightmares about that blue shell coming at me :( although its definitely more usefulo if you have one in your possesion :)

17. Wick99

Wick99 Member

The bananas/the single mushroom boost. With the bananas it's really easy to block red and green shells or other projectiles they send at you. The mushrooms can be used to avoid a blue shell. Just use it to boost forward as the blue shell stops and goes straight down.

18. scottguy

scottguy New Member

The lightning bolt was so much fun, but it was of course undercut by the understanding that in order to get it you had to be doing pretty poorly. I think aside from that one, my favorite is the 3 red shells because you can hang onto them for a while and use them when you're only SLIGHTLY behind someone, it sets them back just enough to let you pass.

19. Oakster

Oakster Member

Whoa, that is some next-level gameplay right there!
    I had no idea we could dodge the blue shell and use bananas to avoid green and red shells.
    Thanks for the tip!

20. Wick99

Wick99 Member

No problem. I think I found that out by looking up some strategies so I could beat my friends haha.