What would you be playing if GTA didn't exist?

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by Rockhem, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Rockhem

Rockhem Member

I would be playing games like ArmA and Red Orchestra 2. I love racing games, and I love FPS games. So I would also be playing more of Grid 2 and maybe some free to play racing games. I don't really have that much money to spend on racing games so I would probably only be playing a handful though.

What would you be playing?

primalclaws1974 likes this.
  2. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974 Member

I see GTA V as more than a racing game. Yes, it involves vehicles moving at a fast rate of speed, but you can also move through the world as a person. It is more of a free roam game, and that has more appeal to me than racing games (although both have their places). I would not be playing your typical lap one-two-three game. I would probably choose something like "Flatout" since I enjoy destroying my car and others' as well.

3. spectre456

spectre456 Member

GTA is only a fraction of the games I play. I play such a wide array of games that not having GTA wouldn't even put a dent in my enjoyment. Right now I'm playing Mass Effect and Frozen Synapse, as well as Gran Turismo and Grid Autosport for the racing side of things. Very soon I'll be getting Smash Bros. Wii U, and that will keep me occupied for a long time.

4. Sonjapunk

Sonjapunk New Member

I would most likely play different games. If I wanted that sandbox/free roam feeling of GTA V, I would play Just Cause or Saints Row IV. They have a very similar gameplay, you know, big maps, a lot of guns, vehicles, etc. Now, if we're talking about the driving experience, then that's a different story. I would play something like Forza Motorsport 5, Gran Turismo or Forza Horizon, because I'm not a very big fan of running people over and crashing against trees or buildings. I'd rather enjoy a less urban kind of racing game.

5. troutski

troutski Active Member

It's not like GTA V is the only game that we all play. We'd be playing the same darn games that we already play alongside GTA V. What kind of question is this?

6. wulfman

wulfman Member

There are plenty of other games to play. NFS or Gran Turismo I play more often than GTA just because I tend to play games at shorter intervals than I used to. And GTA is quite a bit more involved than just a simple racing game.

7. hclpd

hclpd New Member

I would be playing a different game if GTA series didn't exist. It's as simple as that. How can I play something if it doesn't exist?

8. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I would probably be playing the games that I play right now besides GTA. That would be Grid, NFS and games like that. If it wouldn't exist then my gaming time would revolve around all the other games, I wouldn't miss GTA, because it wouldn't exist :p

9. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Member

More than likely, I would be playing rpg games...Since, more than likely, Saints Row wouldn't exist either, if GTA wasn't around.

Also, to anyone that didn't know, GTA spawned into the game we know to day all because of the glitch in the first one where cops would chase you relentlessly. Ahh, serendipity, you cheeky little minx!

10. Kracer

Kracer New Member

I would probably move on to some form of call of duty if gta didn't exist

11. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Well, there are many games I play beside GTA. If I want to play free roam or sandbox game, I'll play Saints Row 4.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'll probably be playing games on my backlog or I'd buy some games that I've always wanted to check out. Particularly, the Final Fantasy games on PS3 which I've always been curious about but never had the chance to play because I've been spending most of my game time on games like GTA just screwing around and not doing missions.

13. BRyze

BRyze Member

Saint's Row. They've done a lot to create a series all their own that's unique, over the top and fun. It's also cool that they constantly break the fourth wall and don't take themselves seriously. The series could probably use some improvements like a larger map, but they've also done a ton with the small staff they have.

14. eMike22

eMike22 New Member

Watch Dogs. I haven't actually gotten around to playing it yet, but i suppose it's the next best thing. And the whole hacking aspect makes it pretty cool.

15. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

Watchdogs, pure epicness, I can tell you that. I didn't say anything about realistic though, since it's clear that the game isn't.

16. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Probably Saint's Row, I find the two to be pretty close as open world games, but GTA V does have more content in my opinion.

17. Kuzan

Kuzan New Member

Saint's Row would probably be my choice to go. SR3 so far has been what I've played the most from this series. So if GTA didn't exist, this would be it. It's a lot of nice fun for what is worth.

18. TheViper

TheViper Member

If GTA didn't exist then I could see Saints Row standing much more of a chance. They got so much crap for supposedly trying to be like them. If GTA didn't exist then I would be playing more TellTales games.

19. primaLucid

primaLucid New Member

I would probably spend more time in Battlefield 4. GTA V is pretty much one of the few games I play that pertain about cars. I love playing games in general, and GTA V doesn't limit my options in terms of the games I play.

20. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

Honestly I do not know what I would be playing I really love to play this game and it is really the most fun that I have ever had playing a video game in a long time. I think thought that if the game did not exist then I would be playing Uncharted on my PS3. After GTA I think that those games are the best games on the market.