What will make Driveclub unique?

Discussion in 'Drive Club' started by Ghost Rider, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

What do you think would make Driveclub unique? A lot of people are saying that it would just be a GT ripoff. It would of course have better graphics than Gt6 because it's on the PS4. But people don't see how this game would separate itself from the GT series.

What do you think would make Driveclub unique? What would make GT owners play Driveclub?

2. Jun Yun

Jun Yun Member

I see Driveclub taking a lot less serious tone than GT. Not only that, but it seems to cater to competition, something GT doesn't really emphasize.

3. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I doubt that it's going to be a GT ripoff, but yeah, some GT vibe wouldn't actually be a bad thing at all for this game. Don;t worry, it will turn out to be an amazing game.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think the social aspect of it will be where they shine the most. Just basing my impression off of what I heard on E3, I have a feeling that you'd feel like a member of the Fast and the Furious gang if you had a good team in this game.

5. nickjt

nickjt Member

I think the fact that it will be free will make it unique. This will give it far more users than GT has and will make the online modes really interesting.

6. Kaseyallan

Kaseyallan New Member

Nothing can save it from being forgotten I feel because its just not got the abilities of the competition its like a payphone vs an Iphone 5s

7. jmoriarty630

jmoriarty630 Member

It's definitely not going to be a GT ripoff. If you've seen the vids you know what I mean. The game looks simply stunning, and from what it seems it also runs really smooth. I'm really curious how good the car controls will be.

8. ray king

ray king Member

Drive Club will be unique, because it will offer a more realistic driving experience. I hear that we get a better feel of the road while driving and along with a lot of detail gone into making the environment of the game, it will feel very real. It needs to be seen how well the gameplay is and what the club feature offers, I am looking forward to it

9. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Apart from the amazing graphics, there is not much else that is going to make me buy this exclusive game. But being a Sony fan that I am, it's going to be in my "games that I will buy" list for sure.

10. Trevorwilson

Trevorwilson New Member

In my opinion the graphics will look really badass on the PS4. I think the gameplay will be really changed also. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

After watching it unfold further I have to say I agree. Apart from the graphics and the social integration, which all other games now presumably will have, it doesn't seem to have added much to the mechanics, but I still want to check it out for curiosity's sake.

12. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

Honestly when looking at the gameplay and stuff I don't think it's got much to differentiate itself from other racing titles. I do think it will get lots of players due to being free for PS+ users though. Most people that have a PS4 will most likely have a PS+ membership to play their games online so the game is basically free. The game is no stayer though, I think after about a month most casual players will give up and go back to the likes of NFS

13. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I think the biggest thing in Driveclub is how pretty it is and how accurate its depiction of the real life tracks is. It's definitely a fun game and I love looking at the scenery while I'm driving. Still, that's not much to differentiate itself from other racers, and much better ones are out and will come out eventually.

14. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. I was hyped when I first saw this game previewed but as time passed it seemed more and more generic to me since other racing games have also incorporated social and team racing plus more features, whereas this one seems to be mostly only traditional racing.

15. GenevB

GenevB Member

Yeah I totally agree, the social aspect of the game it's the one which will put it into the lights. I had the same feeling about being a member of Fast and the Furious gang when I've first heard about the game.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah it's what I initially thought at first but back then it didn't even cross my mind that other games would do the same for some reason. Now that I've realized it I think the others with additional mechanics are a bit more interesting but I will wait until I get to try all until I make my judgement.

17. diecarmona

diecarmona New Member

Totally agree. If it works out for Driveclub, every single racing game will have the same feature, and it'll lose it's uniqueness. Surely there are another aspects of Driveclub that can make it stand out, but I don't think the social aspect is it. Also, if the gameplay sucks, the game sucks, no matter how many cool features they do. So I hope the gameplay is good, otherwise it isn't worth it.

18. troutski

troutski Active Member

Well, Driveclub, now that it's out, doesn't really stand out in any particular way. It definitely hasn't lived up to the promise and hype that we saw before its release. I mean, the game is still broken for online play! That's a little unique compared to other racing games that have fixed their connectivity issues.

19. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

Now that the online is starting to work properly, the unique aspect of it is the actually "club" part. The fact that when you join clubs, you aren't just earning rewards for yourself, you're doing it for everyone else within your club. And vice versa for the other players.

So in that sense, the standout feature of the game is the social interaction. And unlike most racing games, there doesn't seem to be a emphasis on the competitive side as much as there is on the social side of it. Sure, you DO get better things for getting in better places, which is natural for any game. But the good part is that it's not as if it's required to be in a high position all the time to progress in the game.

20. CarGamingBlog

CarGamingBlog Member

I like that Driveclub focuses purely on the thrill of the race, and not get side tracked with x number of cars or tracks, it's a thrilling racer.