What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon??

Discussion in 'Film and Television' started by randee555, Jan 13, 2014.

1. tpicks

tpicks Member

One quite interesting morning cartoon is the Ed Edd Eddy I like this cartoon good. The name alone gives a sense of what to expect in my view.

2. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Member

I always loved Tom and Jerry. I still do, but don't watch. It is my all-time favorite cartoon no doubt. I also liked Courage the Cowardly Dog but it was a bit strange and I am not sure that it is really appropriate for children but it sure was airing on Cartoon Network.

3. tpicks

tpicks Member

Another very interesting morning comedy I fancy a lot is the popular Tom and Jerry. It's one of my favorites. Going by its popularity and widely liked I'll classify T & J as one of the award winning morning cartoons.

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I grew up back in the 70's and a series(ran from 1972-85) that was relaxing was "Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids". This show was kind of about inner-city kids but anybody could relate to them-even small town kids growing up because all the kids in this show had a nickname. Some of the kids nicknames were Wierd Harold(a tall skinny beady-eyed kid who was the tallest) and also there was Mudfoot Brown(a wise old man that was a unemployed vagrant -that would give advice to the kids as well). Of course there was Fat Albert-"hey,hey,hey" !

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  5. Athanas

Athanas Member

There was one that included animals with wheels. I have even forgotten the exact name.

6. Athanas

Athanas Member

There was one that included animals with wheels. I have even forgotten the exact name.

7. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Member

I never got the chance to watch morning cartoon shows because I'm an adult right now which means I am a very busy person. But back then, the cartoons that I used to watch is ed, edd and eddy and Kids next door.

8. overcast

overcast Member

I think for me it has to be the power rangers. It was indeed one good cartoon. And there seems to be a lot of interesting cartoons on saturday morning. It was fun during those times.

9. aveli

aveli Member

There were a bunch as far as I remember, the ones that used to make me wake up very early on Saturday mornings were Johnny Bravo, Ed Edd & Eddy, Dexter and Pink Panther. Oh! Yeah and who could ever forget Tom & Jerry?

10. tpicks

tpicks Member

Fact is back then there were many great weekend morning cartoons. Picking a favorite from the many good cartoons sometimes it's hard. Tom and Jerry has always been delight of many though

11. aveli

aveli Member

Tom and Jerry is a classic no doubt. Whenever there is a marathon I'm always tuned in.

12. aveli

aveli Member

Ed Edd and Eddy was funny as hell, I feel nostalgic just thinking about it.

13. Cjanett

Cjanett Member

Every saturday morning the cartoons I always looking forward to see is always Sesame Street, Barney and Jhonny Bravo. I love those before as a kid.

14. aceracing001

aceracing001 Member

It was decades ago since I watched my favorite cartoons on a saturday morning. The line uo was usually Popeye the Sailor Man, The Three Stooges, Laurel and Harvey, and the other usual stuffs like Spiderman, Captain America, Mighty Thor, and the rest of the gang. Until now I have vivid memories of those times when we watched cartoons every weekend. The last time I saw cartoon was on the Cartoon Network watched by my youngest son.

15. overcast

overcast Member

Swat kats and the power zone cartoons were definitely worth watching. I spent a lot of time watching those. It was fun to watch them.

16. aveli

aveli Member

I have actually never watched Swat kats or the power zone. I wish I new where to get them.