What subtle touch of this game made you go "wow, they really thought about everything"?

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by GlacialDoom, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Susime

Susime Active Member

I think it might be pretty accurate about the staring thing. I mean I'm sure anyone would get their guard up if a guy looking like Trevor stood in front of you an just started staring at you.

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've never tried this before. If this is a new addition to the new games then I think it's pretty hilarious and probably close to reality since a cop irl would probably do the same.

3. Susime

Susime Active Member

I think it may be a new addition to V as I don't remember it being present in IV even. But is is kinda funny.

You get a similar result if you do the same with a paramedic, but instead of trying to detain you they try to fight you!

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

You make me want to mess around with paramedics and policemen, I hope you have bail money ready for me. Haha, but seriously I hope paramedics will capture you and place you in a Mental Ward in the next GTA or mod. After they put you there you need to escape from it, but you start losing your mind and everything is weird (you can walk through walls, fall through the floor etc.). Damn, I should be a mod creator!

5. Susime

Susime Active Member

Trevor experiences that whenever he takes a bad hit of meth ;)

On SA:MP, one of the servers worked it so that if someone killed you you respawned in a jail, and the only way to escape the jail was to stay in there for a set amount of time or to fight the other players that end up there in the hope that they kill you so you can respawn back in the open again. It was a pretty fun thing seeing a small cell with sometimes over 10 people in there all fighting.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I remember the old days when I was playing SA:MP! It was quite fun, you were able to get into gangs, mafia wars and all that fun stuff. That cell thing was kind of bullshit though, admins and some players abused of it too much.

7. Susime

Susime Active Member

Yeah the fighting in the cell was a sort of reverse psychology because if you died there you returned to the outside. I kinda learnt that the hard way when I "won" the fight but was left along in the cell.

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I remember people fighting back in some of the older games but I don't recall paramedics doing it. Now I want to replay it just to see it for myself.

9. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I really like the random conversations pedestrians have from time to time. It adds a really nice touch to the game world and makes it feel more alive.

10. Susime

Susime Active Member

Messing with peds have becoming a fun thing to do for me. I love seeing all their different reactions.

Follow some and they will start walking at a brisk pace until they start running. Where as others will call you out and start a fight.

Go and stand with a group of people having a party at the beach and they will either run away, call the police or try to fight you.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I appreciate the respect for continuity. For example, when Trevor killed Johnny from GTA IV: The Lost and Damned. Rockstar remembered that GTA IV and V are in modern day, therefore, so older characters could meet with the new cast. I also like that on LifeInvader, you can find Roman, Niko's cousin, from GTA IV . You can even unlock Packie from GTA IV to be a heist partner. You'll be able to find new reports saying that Niko Bellic's whereabouts are unknown as well.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I didn't know this. I didn't play the fourth one so I guess I missed out on even more than I originally thought. Now I have to set aside some time to check this out, thanks for bringing this up!

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

No problem. A majority of those are easter eggs, though, so you might have to take extra time to discover those. Trevor murdering Johnny was in the story, though. That's how they introduce Trevor actually, by having him brain Johnny in the head. Just a preview to the madness that is Trevor Philips.

14. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I have to admit I never paid much attention the the stories in GTA because I'm always too impatient and want to get into the action as fast as possible so I suppose I'll have to play the older one and replay this new one because I do find that interesting.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Ah, so you mainly play for the missions and the freeplay. I do wonder, though, does that mean you rushed through the ending mission? I think that's the most important mission, no matter which ending you choose. So, I think you might want a bit of context for something that major. After all, the lives of the main characters are in your hands.
    Yeah, I think you should go back to GTA IV, and then, come back to GTA V. Try for the story for once. That'll show why the past references were so significant.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Admittedly I have forgotten a lot of it by now but yeah I think I did pretty much just rush through the whole thing because I really have a strong distaste of breaking the flow of gameplay to sit through cut scenes but I do watch parts of it especially when a mission needs to be explained or something.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

It's OK to not care about story in a sandbox game. Still, in GTA's case, it feels a little weird to not pay attention to the story. I mean, Saint's Row is also a sandbox game, but I play for the crazy world and the wild open world. I don't care much for the Saint's Row stories. I think GTA IV and V have a bit more importance to narrative. No matter, there's a lot to do that's not story related. So if you don't want to try for story next time, it shouldn't inhibit your enjoyment if you didn't.

18. gats

gats Member

I think that is an interested feature considering other gta games seemed pretty inconsistant with star ratings for what you do.

19. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah I have a habit of not caring much abut cutscenes. I think I'm just too used to older games when stories weren't as important, but it's probably just my personality since know many people my age who grew up with the same games and yet still loves the story aspects of them. When I do pay attention I am pleasantly surprised most of the time to be honest but even then I still would rather just get into the gameplay as quick as possible.

20. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

With modern games, you almost have to treat them as part movie and part games. You play the game to advance the story's plot. A good game with have a balance between story and gameplay, and if done right, can be a masterpiece. People tend to forget that there is an art to making video games. From narrative, to dialogue, to character design and development, to the gameplay elements themselves, people used their creativity and hard work to make these video games that we love so much. You don't have to heed my advice, but I think you should, at least once, try a game for its narrative.