Need for Speed Rivals What should the next Need for Speed be?

Discussion in 'Need for Speed Unbound' started by TheAspertarian, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Yeah, maybe muscle cars, but exotics? The whole idea of underground racing involves people sprucing up what would otherwise be normal, everyday tuner cars into racing machines. All that performance rigging and pimping of your car doesn't really apply to exotics. Also let's face it, underground racing is more of a dingy, criminal kind of racing where people race for money. Rich people who can afford exotics wouldn't associate with such a crowd. Since when did you ever see a Lamborghini or a Ferrari in a real life underground race?

2. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

There are rich people who love this kind of stuff though. I've heard on the news that there are multiple celebrities that were once arrested for / accused of participating in these underground races. I think it's definitely possible to add exotics and muscle cars into an Underground game though I still doubt they should make a new one. I was a huge fan of Most Wanted so I guess I'd like another part in that series.

3. RadialPerson

RadialPerson Member

Actually there's quite a lot of rich street racers who race in tuned Lamborghini's and Audi R8s, particularly in Russia. For example look up DragTimesInfo on Youtube, they'll have a ton of exotic cars street racing on public highways, Bugatti Veyrons, Ferraris, Koenigsegg and other expensive exotics. In fact it would be a great idea to set up a NFS Underground game set in Russia and include a whole host of different exotics, tuners and muscle cars that you can customize and race and be somewhat realistic.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'm not too fond of muscle cars so I'd rather they keep it out and I agree with you too that it might seem t of place anyway. Though, I honestly wouldn't mind if they did include it just to freshen up the franchise a bit.

5. brandonisking

brandonisking New Member

Whoa, Need for speed Ice road Truckers sounds really nice. I could already envision the cars drifting and sliding across the Icy frozen lakes of Russia or something lol. I wouldn't mind having a Need for speed set in the Mediterranean though. Imagine how beautiful it would be racing through the streets of Italy.

6. brandonisking

brandonisking New Member

@rossonomous lol I feel you. The older Need for speed games do tend to be a bit tedious and bogged down with certain restrictions, rules and limits. Id like for anything new they come out with to be more of an open platform, and less regulation as far as racing and car choices go.

7. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

What about a Need For Speed game in the busy streets of India. What do you guys think about this? Seeing as how Ubisoft has developed Far Cry 4 with Indian Himalayas in mind, it should not be a surprise.

8. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

It would be great if it went Open World, like the Crew or Burnout Paradise. With Next Gen, there are so many possible features and great opportunities for Need for Speed, and maybe it could take back it's place as the best Racing game.

9. bocat

bocat New Member

hahahaha I love that show. That would probably be my favorite one.

10. jeremy2

jeremy2 New Member

I think muscle cars would be the real deal.Exotic cars would dampen the excitement as underground racing is more synonymous with rugged,rough and mean looking cars which add the adrenalin rush which is all we need,right?

11. BRyze

BRyze Member

I think they should do something out of the box. They've already done pro street. They should just do pro. The story can be about trying to make a name for yourself in various pro arenas. F1, NASCAR, Trucks or anything else.

12. amig0enemig0

amig0enemig0 New Member

The next for speed game should be something like need for speed underground 1 and 2. The new nfs game should also have the physics of forza or iracing, something more simulator like. Last thing it should have is a really big map with free roaming aspects like test drive unlimited, the crew etc.

13. ducklord

ducklord Member

I'd like to see a new NFS - or similar game - that doesn't have a "sandbox logic" and an "open world". For some reason I just don't like it - I like racing games "split in missions", if you... er... get my drift :)

I didn't like Burnout: Paradise for the exact same reason. The whole "driving around, picking up whatever mission you like" seems pointless to me. Why should I drive for 3-4 minutes "to find something fun to do" when I could select from a menu in seconds "a fun thing to do"? Feels like "artificial filler" to a game to me.

Except if a game appears (or already exists and I haven't found it) where there's something to do, like, in every square meter of its world.

14. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

Need For Space. Racing spaceshuttles Kerble Space Program style from the earth to pluto. Upgrade your rocket with the hottest technology, hit the NOS button just right for the perfect launch. Sling shot around the moon with its low gravity to increase your speed and pass your opponent! Avoid the asteroid police that try to take you out.

15. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I think they should go back to the proffessional driving setting, as the last few entries have only been about street and illegal racing. It wouldn't hurt if they would go back to an official racing setting, such as Prostreet's.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think having some different environments with specific effects on handling could prove to be very refreshing. I I hope it would be just for a few state a though since I think having this as a main feature would be abut tiring.

17. troutski

troutski Active Member

The next Need For Speed should definitely be a game. That's what I know to be a fact. :rolleyes:o_O

18. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Need for Speed trucks? But trucks are so slow! Need for Speed is awesome because of the super fast cars! I mean, not that trucks aren't fast, but there are faster race cars out there, you know what I mean?

19. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah I guess it could work for pickups and SUVs but that's about it. If anything bigger than that were to come out I think it wouldn't be very related to the title anymore.

20. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I agree with you, that is a feature that should definitely be implemented back. I miss professional driving! :(