Need for Speed Rivals What Memories Does This Bring Back?

Discussion in 'Need for Speed Unbound' started by teabwoi, Nov 24, 2014.

1. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I was on youtube the other day and for some strange reason I came across this song and then I just had some serious memories about playing this game and just the way that this song was able to make me feel when I was playing this game have a listen to the song below:

2. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I never played this game for long to have any kind of special memory attached to it in the first place. It was not bad, but there was nothing spectacular about it.

3. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

Honestly I think that it was this song that made me really like this game. this was the reason that I would play this game because back then youtube wasn't what it is now so I would just play the game so that I could hear the song playing in the background.

4. bocat

bocat New Member

I agree, i wasn't too crazy about it either.

5. BRyze

BRyze Member

This was my first Need For Speed game. It wasn't the best. It had some good moments, it had some bad moments. But they were moments none the less.

6. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Member

Like others in this thread, this was my first Need For Speed game as well. I remember just thinking it was the best game ever, the scenery was beautiful to my small mind, and was like nothing I had never seen before. The races used to be so fun and I would play with my friends all the time.Of course the graphics now are way better than they were before, but my imagination is better than any graphics.

7. jeremy2

jeremy2 New Member

I have played this game previously and the song also took me back and i remembered with nostalgia the first console my brother bought for me for my tenth birthday.

8. Arma45

Arma45 New Member

The amount of hours and sweat going into this game is nuts when I first played this game with my brother and cousin. We decided we wanted to beat it and that was that. When we had time, We played it for as long as possible and we finally made it to one of the harder drag races. I forget which.

One thing I can tell you about that race was that it felt nearly impossible. We always ended up blowing the engine or crashing into something. It was so aggravating on so many levels for all of us. We still enjoyed it and was so relieved to say the least once we actually beat that race.

Good times were had.

9. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

Me and my buddies when this game had first come out used to spend hours and hours just customizing our cars and it was really cool and this was the song that you heard playing most of the time in the background. This song just makes me feel happy and cool at the same time. Honestly to me I think that this game was the better out of the two need for speeds underground.

10. troutski

troutski Active Member

Well, incredibly enough, Rivals brings back memories of me playing Rivals. :eek:

11. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Man Need for Speed always picks out the greatest tunes! I can't quite think of what this song reminds me of though.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

It wasn't my favorite NFS title but it definitely gives me some nostalgic feelings because I was very young when this came out. I'd love to replay all the games I loved from this era now.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I loved this game a lot, and it is one of my favorite NFS releases to date. I don't really have any special memories with it, but I loved the soundtrack!