What is your favorite PSP game?

Discussion in 'Portable Gaming' started by zambothegreat, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Thanks! I seriously hope I could still find one brand new. I'm a bit uneasy thinking about someone else's greasy fingers on my new gadget hehe. But yeah, Dissidia and Crisis Core are probably the top two games I'd download immediately after I get a new PSP.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Actually, as shameful as it is to say, I haven't played Crisis Core yet. I want to. Final Fantasy VII was really good, and I liked Advent Children. I just haven't played Dirge of Cerberus or Crisis Core yet.

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I just watched some footage of CC to refresh my memory and I was surprised at how different it was from the other FF games. In a good way, though, and not too much, which is why I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised when you finally get to play it. I'm sure it will be released in modern consoles someday since it is already in widescreen. It might already even be out. I'll be looking it up after this and hopefully I'll get to play it again. I'll let you know about my findings!

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Oh, thank you. It's probably obvious by now, but I'm a big Final Fantasy fan. I will get Crisis Core sometime. It looks really good. In any case, I do like when Square Enix changes things up a bit and adds something different to the standard J-RPG format.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't even notice that you were allowed to move around to hit enemies instead of the more traditional turn based system until I looked back on it, but I guess that's a testament to how seamless they made the transition to be.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Yes, it was action-based RPG fighting. Dissidia kind of has that style. Another RPG, also made by Square Enix, that had an action-based fightig system was Star Ocean Till The End of Time. Kingdom Hearts also kind of has it.

7. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

This is going to sound really lame, but I love to play Crazy Taxi on PSP. It is so old school that I love it. I can play it any time and anywhere. I have the pack that has Crazy Taxi 1 and 2 on it. I think the first is still the best. The music is classic.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Not at all. Crazy Taxi is a classic. I still have it for PS2. It's a crazy fun and addictive game. SEGA just makes really good and entertaining games.

9. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

GTA hands down that was the best game to me at I played on the PSP.

10. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Member

Some may disagree, but I always enjoyed playing Madden on the PSP. Yeah, it doesn't hold a candle to the newer versions, but I spent a lot of time playing it when I was a kid and always had a good time. Despite the small screen size, I thought the game was pretty well produced for the PSP.

11. niiro17

niiro17 Member

My favorite psp game is Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix. The best game imo.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I had tons of fun playing and replaying this as well. What's great about it was that it was so handy and you could just bring out your PSP and instantly get into a mission or just shoot around and blow things up.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

All the Smackdown vs Raw games are pretty cool, I loved playing them in the past. Prince of Persia, God of War and Tekken were also really fun to play when I was younger.

14. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I didn't even know there were wrestling games for it. I guess the library for it really got robust over the long lifespan it had. GOW was definitely very fun on that system and yeah Tekken too especially if you had a friend who also had a PSP.

15. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Burnout Dominator on the PSP is a ridiculously fun racing game.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. I think there were two burnout games for the PSP and both of them were extremely fun. It's a shame that they were mostly just incomplete ports from the superior ps2 versions but regardless it was still tons of fun.

17. Arvis

Arvis Member

Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories and Midnight Club. I'm still sad I sold my PSP, it will soon be rare and considered retro and it had some really great games. It looks like PS Vita isn't as successful as the old PSP.

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Crazy taxi was very well made I agree that Sega knew what they were doing when they made that game. Not only was it great in the arcades but the home console versions were also just as fun and I even had it on PSP as well and it was good too.

19. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well I have never heard of that one, but it kind of makes me all the more excited to really look into it and see what I was missing. I am not the biggest user of the portable devices, but I still have my PSP and it works pretty well, so maybe I can get some more out of it.

20. ptahm22

ptahm22 New Member

I'm a big fan of Skyrim special edition. I love playing it for it feels real, gives a touch of nature and it's unique. I can play this game for hours and I can't get enough of it.