What if Valve can count to three?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by mssfgaming, Oct 15, 2013.

1. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

There's been quite a gaming line that everyone loves: What if Valve can count to three. With hit games like Half-Life, Team Fortress, Portal and Left for Dead, there has not been a third game out for anyone of those series. Rumors say that a Half-Life 3 is confirmed, but I've heard so many rumors since, I don't what I believe. What are your thoughts on this topic?

2. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

I think they are doing a very good job where others have really failed - They aren't taking some games too far. How many series of games have we seen get worse and worse over time?

On the other hand, we see games like GTA which have always been brilliant.

HL3 is likely, and I think they will do very well because of the massive gap between the last release. A new Portal game is probably quite likely in the future, I'm doubtful of Team Fortress though.

3. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Here is the thing, Valve is not a company that used to produced games anymore. Have they produced any in this year except the rehash of the old CS game? No! They haven't. They are focusing on hardware and Steam now. SteamOS and Steam Controller are their main focus now. So, give up any hope you had for Half Life 3 and move on in your lives. It's not going to happen. Valve has already stated that it's not happening at this moment. With the way things have gong lately, I will be surprised if they come out with Half Life 3.

4. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

Ah, well, we can all hope. You are right, that Valve is a bit busy, actually very busy but the truth is, that Half-Life 3 has such a fan base and has such a potential to become a very good game, Valve might be making a third game. However, it might not be soon.

5. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

Did you just say three?. Half life three confirmed!!!!1!!1!!1. Seriously though, it will come out eventually. don't worry. I just hope it comes soon , we've had to wait so long.

6. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I am not sure whether they are developing any more games. Only a new source engine has been confirmed so far. I would really like a sequel to HL and Portal series :).

7. AndreiFL

AndreiFL Member

If Valve does this, it will revolutionize the history of gaming. Maybe Gaben is waiting for the VR products to come out in order to release the game at its full potential.

8. sidd230

sidd230 Member

I bet the first one to come out will be Left 4 Dead 3. I would love to be wrong but its highly unlikely.

9. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

I do not know why the developers are not giving us the other updates probably because the game has stopped its production stages. But it would have been awesome if more were released.

10. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I don't want another L4D. Seriously! There are many good zombie games out there now. Valve should really focus on HL3 instead.

11. AndreiFL

AndreiFL Member

They've already projected the Source 3 Engine, which brings us closer to the game we want the most in the entire industry. Maybe we'll see it one day on Steam!

12. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I think they will release it on April 1. Just to make fool of us :D.

13. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Yes, they are going to make it to 3 eventually. I have heard that they are working on Left for Dead 3. One of the employees of Valve let it slip out.

14. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Eventually, they will HAVE to make a 3, considering their reputation. I think they are enjoying all the attention from not making a half life 3. It'll come out RIGHT when we LEAST expect it.

15. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

Just wait like the rest of us. It will eventually come out in the next decade. HOPEFULLY.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I don't think it's entirely necessary for them to make a third, but maybe sometime in the future it could be much more sought after and appreciated. For now I think their games still hold up well enough and since most of them can be played with a group you could just play it over and over.

17. RamZor

RamZor Member

The world would probably explode.

18. jurew2

jurew2 Member

There is a valid point you're making there and I agree with you. They don't make any games past the second release and that is sad if you ask me. I think that with so many successful games that they made, they could release more games of the same series. Maybe they're scared that they can't meet the expactations of the gamers or something like that, but I think that this is a wrong type of thinking.

19. vennybunny

vennybunny Member

They're making an Orange Box sequel with all the 3s in it.

It'd be called Orange Box 3.

Or not. But here's to hoping, aye?

20. MissBin

MissBin Member

If Counter-Strike Source is the 2nd game, than by this direct logic than Half-Life: Source is the 2nd Half-Life game. This would than mean Half-Life 2 is the third game. Also, if you are going by the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive as being the 3rd Counter-Strike game, than how do you fit Half-Life: Blue Shift into this? That would make Half-Life: Source the 3rd game, which means Valve learned how to count to 3 in 2004.