What do you think of GTA V for the current-gen consoles? (Xbox One/PS4)

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by Rockhem, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Rockhem

Rockhem Member

I have seen videos on GTA V for the current gen consoles, and I think that it really isn't worth it to upgrade from a last-gen console. The graphics are an improvement, but other than graphics, I don't see anything that would add up to be worth a second $60 dollar price tag. In my opinion, they should allow you to trade in the last-gen version, to get GTA V for current-gen for maybe $20-30.

What do you think of GTA V for the current-gen consoles?

2. MrMoose

MrMoose New Member

I love it, I've played it at my brothers house last week for the first time and first person view is 10x better then third person. I can view myself flipping people off now a lot more fancier.

3. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I think it's a vast improvement over the last gen versions. I was amazed last year when I was watching trailers of the game. This year I felt the same excitement and the PS3 copy I had just looked lackluster after I played the PS4 one.
    As for the price tag, I think Target was having an offer where they gave you $30 credit for GTA V on next gen if you traded in your current gen copy.

4. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I haven't even tried them yet. It seems that none of my buddies are interested in the current-gen consoles right now. I feel like they're just the same thing, but just on a newer console.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I don't think it's entirely necessary to get it if you already have the older version but I think the first person view is a worthy addition even if the graphics quality isn't too far from the older version. I'd probably buy one when I get a PS4 but not immediately and I'll probably sell my old game first.

6. troutski

troutski Active Member

The graphical improvements done to the single player, plus the inclusion of a first-person mode, are well worth the price of admission here. It's worth buying a second time for people that loved the game and want to continue on with something better.