What do you prefer ? Manual transmission or automatic?

Discussion in 'Ride' started by john flaming, Jul 2, 2017.

1. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I have noticed that as well, the manual gear shifting is definitely not right.

2. dionnextherese

I agree with you. Automatic transmission is so much better than the manual one. They are just making their lives harder when they choose the manual transmission.

3. razer

razer Member

I've definitely preferred manual transmission in all the games I've played, that had the option. It does make the game more difficult, but I like the challenge anyway, and I think it's more immersive.

4. akjangra

akjangra New Member

Usually, I go with automatic transmission at first, and then shift to the manual (get it? shift?). It takes me time to make myself familiar with the manual transmission mechanics of the game. But in Ride 2, I'll admit, the manual transmission is horrendous. I tried it but couldn't get it to work, so I only played with automatic. The automatic transmission is good in Ride 2, but I just prefer manual in racing games overall.

5. Davidmillerost

Davidmillerost New Member

I don't have a problem with both kind of gear transmission but if it is about preference then I would love to chose the manual transmission as it gives me the freedom to shift the gear at my favourite rpm level. I love to the manual transmission in real life too.

6. aveli

aveli New Member

Nobody has time for manual transmission when racing, I prefer automatic when competing.