What console offers the best racing games

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Ghost Rider, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

The first console where I played a racing game was the NES. I was so much at awe in playing Road Fighter and Excite Bike. Then came the PS1 (I kinda skipped the NES) then the PS2, then the Xbox 360 and the Wii, and the PS3. Which among the home consoles do you think offers the best racing racing games?

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think they all pretty much have the same titles nowadays, at least most of them are shared on both competing consoles, I think, and it's just a matter of which has the exclusive/s that you like. People seem to be raving about Forza, which I've never really played but I'm not really curious about it, so I just choose to play racing on my PS3. However, I think the racing games were that PS2 had were exclusive to that console, though, so I'd say I choose that console if I had to pick one. It had most of the Burnout titles and my most favorite NFS titles on it.

3. gats

gats Member

I think the Playstation1/2/3 had the best selection of games but I liked the Xbox 360 controller the best for racing games. I also like to play Mario Kart games on emulators using an Xbox 360 controller.

Work at home

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  4. montreal176

montreal176 New Member

The xbox. Forza Motorsport is better than any other racing game.

5. StarFox64

StarFox64 Member

I believe that Forza ruled the market for quite awhile mainly because of Forza (an Xbox exclusive) was so dang good. However, I don't feel that Forza 5 lived up to the hype on the new systems, and now believe that Gran Turismo is closing the gap and might push Sony over the top. It all depends on which type of game you prefer though. They are both solid and worth trying out IMO

6. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

It depends on what you consider the best for racing.

obviously, if you're a true track racer then it has to be the xbox for Forza. However, there is Gran Turismo which I think will strongly challenge Forza soon.

If you prefer street racing, then it doesn't really matter because you can get games like NFS on any console.

7. StarFox64

StarFox64 Member

I haven't played a decent Need for Speed in awhile. The last one I think I played was Hot Pursuit. Any of the recent ones pretty good?

8. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

For sometime I was also a big fan of Forza but other games rolled in that made me change my liking.

9. StarFox64

StarFox64 Member

May I ask which ones? I must say that Dirt 3 was probably my favorite game on the Xbox 360 for awhile and drew me away from Forza for a bit.

10. scottguy

scottguy New Member

I consistently find that I most enjoy playing racing games on the Gamecube. Even though I'm boring and mostly only played Mario Kart on it, it still seemed like it had the right amount of sophistication in graphic ability to play racing games well, but just simple enough controls to make it fun and interesting. Just my two cents, though, as I had a pretty narrow view of this stuff as a kid.

11. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I have played racing games on PS2. At that time, it was the best thing ever. I still remember playing a 2-player snow racing game :D.

12. sidd230

sidd230 Member

I think the PlayStation takes this one. Gran Turismo is a much more mature and polished franchise than Froza.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I personally wouldn't include PS1 in that list, to be honest. I recently just played a few racing games on PS1 and it was pretty awful lol.

14. AndreiFL

AndreiFL Member

The PS4 offers great racing games in my opinion (e.g. Drive Club).

15. StarFox64

StarFox64 Member

I see what you are saying. So you are more interested in the pure fun of the game and not the specs found in more conventional racing games? I can totally agree with this. Some of my most fun racing moments came while playing Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing!

16. AndreiFL

AndreiFL Member

I think the last Forza game was pretty bad, which makes Xbox lose its place in the top of 'best console for racing games'. PS4 is developing great racing games, though.

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'm hyped for drive club as well, but I don't think they have shown enough to be considered the best yet. Although with the innovations that are incoming, I'd say it is likely.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I say PS2 and Xbox. Both consoles has all the racing game series that everyone likes. Burnout, Gran Turismo, Forza Project Gotham, Need for Speed, Midnight Club, and even Outrun were on those consoles.

19. Determined2014

Determined2014 New Member

I will definitely say the xbox 360 with no doubt, I find that their controller makes it much easier to race faster.

20. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

All the cosoles man. I mean, just look around yourself. Thee are too many racing games on shelves for all consoles and PC. It depends on your choice and type of racing games you prefer. I for one prefer Forza than any other racing game, so m bet would be Xbox.