The Crew What are your opinions on The Crew?

Discussion in 'The Crew 3' started by theGIJST, Dec 4, 2014.

1. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

How many of you here have bought/pre-ordered the game? How much have you played it so far, and what are your opinions of it?

I wanted to get this game when it was first shown at the E3 (I believe), and it looks amazing. It looks like it has so much potential, but the handling doesn't seem all that good to me, honestly. The map is amazing, and the car customization is quite good, as well, and I want to play the game so much, but I don't know if it's worth 50€ or whatever the price is in your area. Expecting a Christmas sale on Steam for this game is such a longshot, and we'll be lucky if it goes at least 25%.

What are your opinions on the handling?

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I haven't bought it yet but I'm itching to try it out. I can't wait to try the team racing aspect and I just hope it lives up to the expectations.

3. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Handling-wise there are still complaints, personally I would like to see much more variety in handling between the different car makes as well. Other than that though I feel content-wise it's probably the biggest game at the moment, there's plenty to explore and do.

4. jcc

jcc New Member

I haven't bought it yet, but I will in the runup to Christmas as I've heard great things about it, and anyway it will be a change from the more "established" titles.

5. BluBird

BluBird Member

Played for about 7 hours, and I must say that this game is really really fun to play. There are still some bugs though, and the handling is not that great (your wheel can only 180 degrees? pls?)at the beginning, but once you played for an hour, and you leveled your car a bit, it is really not that bad. What I can say from the 7 hours of playing, is that these are not game breaking bugs. What I did see, is that the servers are having a little bit of problems right now, but I don't think that it will be for a long period of time.

Long story short: great game and worth buying. It is really not the typical Ubisoft game we use to see this year.

6. troutski

troutski Active Member

The game is fun enough. Not too many problems, and there are plenty of features to like. No major complaints here.

7. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

Well, I guess I'll have to get the game, since all of you say it's fun, and it does look fun. The only disappointment that I have about the game is the handling. I want my cars in-game to feel realistic, as I am really driving them, but I guess we can't have BOTH open-world AND amazing handling. We have to pick one out of the two. After all, there is no other game like The Crew, so I will have to get it eventually. The sooner the better, but I'll wait for a sale.

8. tjmsrubegoldberg

tjmsrubegoldberg New Member

I played in the second closed console beta and the open console beta. During the open console beta, I tried out some handling settings that I found on the Internet which worked amazingly well. While there was still some spinning out in the early cars, it felt much more controllable overall. I really enjoyed driving around during that beta. Another thing to note is that different cars do seem to drive differently. The starter cars are all RWD, so it feels like they all spin out much more easily than an AWD car like the Nissan Skyline. Since spinning out was my primary concern with the handling, I bought the Skyline as soon as I could in the open beta, and I don't think I ever spun out in it. The handling settings I used made the game feel a lot more like Need for Speed's handling, but I've seen various posts designed to make the game feel more like Forza or other racing games.

Basically, I wouldn't write off the handling as a loss just yet. It isn't necessarily perfect, but I don't think it will be too hard to work with, especially with the right settings and cars.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I don't know if you're still deciding but I really recommend you purchase the game! I've spent countless hours on it and it's really fun.

10. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

^This, game is still the best "drive around" game I have played. It is pleasantly surprising for an Ubisoft game to actually be as good as The Crew was. I don't ever praise Ubisoft, so for me, saying that the game was actually good means a lot. :D at least to me anyway.