Using cheats.

Discussion in 'MXGP' started by SirJoe, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I did this too. The most I remember doing this is for mortal Kombat though where cheats didn't impact the game all too much and instead just added on the fun. Most cheats I usually stay away from nowawadays because I feel it spoils the fun and I usually just use it when I've finished the game once.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

When it comes to people being punished for using cheats, while I do understand why some might want that to start happening, if the only person you're cheating is yourself then you're not doing all that much harm.

If it's a solo game and you are using cheats to make the game easier for you, then there obviously shouldn't be any punishment, but if you're playing online and by cheating you are affecting another players game, then that should definitely be punished in some way. People pay a lot of money for the games these days, so it's not right that another player comes along and ruins that experience.

3. likeandba

likeandba Member

My mindset is completely opposite. I play the game firstly with cheat code and then after the game becomes easy for me, I delete the cheat codes.

4. likeandba

likeandba Member

Yes, I totally agree with you. That is why you should not use the cheat codes while playing the game online. However, you can play the games offline without any worry.

pwarbi likes this.
  5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The thing is though, nearly everyone that I know will say the same as well, and that just shows that it IS a minority that are spoiling it for the rest of us. I myself in the past have stopped playing a game online, simply because the other players don't play fair, and it got to the point where you could barely play a game online without some other player ruining it for you.

6. AntonioCalcano

AntonioCalcano New Member

I'm not the cheating type I prefer to play my games the way they were intended to be played, at least at the beginning that is for some time while I learn the mechanics and enjoy the game itself, after a while if I ever get bored I would consider using cheats to spice things up. But if I'm having a great time I don't see the points in using cheats, well maybe to help you out if you're having trouble with a specific part of the game.

7. Sosi

Sosi Member

:)

8. SirJoe

SirJoe Member

I try to avoid playing online, I can imagine that it can't be a lot of fun if you know the other people are cheating. I don't understand what they get out of it, I thought the whole idea of gaming was to have fun.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Well that is an issue that I have ever really understood either to be honest. I have always played games just for fun, even though in the past I have been a pretty serious gamer if that makes sense.

As soon as I find out that a person I have been playing against online is cheating then I never play with that person again, even though it might well be a one off.

SirJoe likes this.
  10. Sosi

Sosi Member

Good tactics!

11. SirJoe

SirJoe Member

I normally don't play online and even though that isn't my main reason for not doing so it is certainly up there.

12. efra

efra New Member

Cheats are for cheaters. I like to play fair and square, even if things take a bit longer. I suppose I am more old-fashioned than that.

13. Flaming_Dorito

Flaming_Dorito New Member

I completely agree that cheats should not be used unless absolutely necessary, but using cheats in not a horrible thing to do, the worst thing people do is using cheats and not admitting it.

14. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

I don't really like to use cheats as I think it ruins the game experience for me. I do try it out once I finish the game just to see what it does, but I've never tried using cheats on any games at all if I'm not done with it yet (with the exclusion of GTA games of course)

15. demitri

demitri Member

There is no problem with using the cheat codes. The developers provided this option for helping gamers to get out the position if they are stuck somewhere in the game. When you are enough expert to play a game then you can play it without using cheat codes.

16. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Exactly, a lot of people seem to consider that cheats take away the fun from the game, but sometimes it's necessary to use it in order to get out of a difficult or rather impossible situation.

17. D Lee

D Lee New Member

Honestly, cheats have always been my last consideration since I tend to get the experience out of the game first. When I feel I'm like at a dead-end of a situation, which I merely do, is when I do cheats. Not that I dislike this, but the fact that I come out through the game with a profound experience and a gained skill.

18. sidney

sidney Member

I'm always using cheats especially when I play GTA, since the game is quite hard when it comes to certain missions. I use cheats also when I play The Sims. But when it comes to racing games, I don't use cheats.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  19. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I agree with you on this, using cheats throughout the game takes the fun out of it, but it's acceptable when you can't advance.

D Lee likes this.
  20. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Well i can agree that it might ruin the game but some situations and under certain circumstances you are forced to.