Ubisoft’s The Crew Delayed Until December 2

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Shawn Hopkins, Oct 6, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You’ll have to wait a bit longer to check out Ubisoft’s virtual United States in The Crew. The game’s launch date has been pushed back, moving from Nov. 11 to December 2.

“Our philosophy remains to deliver the best game possible. We’re all committed to delivering a revolutionary experience in the driving genre and we can’t wait for The Crew to be in the hands of the players,” said Julian Gerighty, the game’s creative director, in a press release announcing the delay.

One silver lining of the delay is that it creates time for a second The Crew closed console beta, which will take place some time in November for Xbox One and PS4. You can sign up for the beta here.

The Crew is set to launch on Windows, Xbox One, PS4 and Xbox 360.

The post Ubisoft’s The Crew Delayed Until December 2 appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...

2. troutski

troutski Active Member

Aw, that's a shame. It's not a huge delay, so that's good. If it makes the game even more smooth and polished, then I can't really complain about the delay.

3. crazyman1090

crazyman1090 Member

Yeah, if the delay was longer, I don't know if it would be as hyped-up. If anyone else knows indie games and the Fez delays, then you'll know how frustrating it is for a game developer to go back on their word for a long time.

4. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

That's quite the bummer, quite excited for this title especially since it's a windows title. I've got a steering wheel that only works on windows so I'll be trying this game out when it releases. All the trailers and gameplay videos I have seen looked rather promising so I hope the release goes well.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

That's a shame but I'm glad it isn't getting delayed as long as Drive Club did. I appreciate that companies nowadays are willing to delay their launch instead of rushing it and coming up with a poor final product such as was the practice in the past.

6. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker Member

I think since they got so much feedback from the beta, they had to make more revisions. At least the delay is reasonable, unlike project cars which got delayed 4 months. Developers should only make a release date when they're just about finished with the game. That way they don't make their audience upset.

7. Fifty

Fifty Guest

I'm glad it's getting delayed - I know it sounds ironic, but from Ubisoft I was really wary since their really sketchy release of WatchDogs. Since they're dalaying this it at least shows that they intend to push out quality and invest some more money into something that is certainly a lot more expansive and intensive than I think any of their previous titles.

8. bluekknd2

bluekknd2 New Member

I am not too excited about this one. I may try giving the beta a chance if I can. Unless it turns out to be the best ever, I will probably wait until next year.

9. TheViper

TheViper Member

The delay is not really a big concern for me. As long as they hash out any issues with the game. I would be very happy with a smooth running game then a buggy rushed out one.

10. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

I can wait, having tried the beta I already know that it's going to be one of the best racing games of the decade! Rome wasn't built in a day :p

11. SamClemensNT

SamClemensNT New Member

12. SamClemensNT

SamClemensNT New Member

I guess the beta tester found more bugs than were anticipated. It's better that Ubisoft delay the game now than to release it with annoying problems that would just turn us off. Hey, the game will still make it into stores before the holidays, so no harm.

13. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

They delayed the game again? I can't believe it that a company that big an afford to delay a game several times like this. It shows that they are not going to sacrifice the quality of this game.

14. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Also, it means that there will be more rounds of beta keys given out, which means more opportunities for us to try out the game, and more publicity/bug fixes for the devs. Win-Win.

15. dinomarino1

dinomarino1 Member

the more people testing it the better! also i would rather wait longer for a more polished game rather then get shipped a broken buggy game

16. shreklock

shreklock Member

Such a shame, I was counting days before the release. But I think it's for the better. I rather have a finished game later than a buggy and glitchy game early.

17. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

Kind of glad about the delay just because I am running short of money, outside of that it's no big deal to me. I know they're mostly doing this for the console kiddies that need more testing for their systems to make sure things are working good. I just hope they add more polish to the PC version with the extra time they have for release.