Turbo 3D Racing App

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by primalclaws1974, Dec 8, 2014.

1. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974 Member

Okay, yes, the game is actually called, "Turbo Racing 3D", my bad. As racing game apps go, this game is pretty cool. The graphics are good, and the game control is fluid. It even starts the game near where I live! The only complaint I have is that as soon as you hit another vehicle your car is toast, and you have to restart. There should be some damage allowed without a restart. What do you think of this game?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  2. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

It reminds me of the Burnout racing games, where you got boost for near misses and driving dangerously. I think the mechanic where you have to restart after hitting a vehicle is slightly annoying, but is fine.

3. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

It actually looks great for an app, and at least it isn't that big (only 15 MB!) which is great, since there are racing apps which are way bigger (like over 40 MB is too big for me XD) so yeah, that's a cool thing. When looking in the reviews, it seems that's everyone is positive about this app!

primalclaws1974 likes this.
  4. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

I've just had a quick look at this game and it doesn't look too bad at all. It also seems to have very good reviews. It actually looks quite similar to a game I'm playing now called Redline Rush. It's the same with Redline Rush too, hit another car and that's it, game over.

primalclaws1974 likes this.
  5. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

Yeah they look a bit like each other, though Turbo Racing 3D looks more childish and simple when compared to Redline Rush, where the cars are a bit more realistic, along with the tracks, and that makes it look more of a grown up game instead of Turbo Racing.
    The camera angle in redline rush is also somewhat different, as you are closer to the car, which take you more into the game, where Turo Racing is a bit up, and a bit more relaxed.

6. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

Yeah, that lower down camera angle in Redline Rush does take you into the game a bit more but I also find it annoying, as it also makes it difficult to see oncoming objects and traffic. I would prefer a higher up angle. The graphics to Turbo Racing don't look bad at all, just a little more cartoony.

7. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

Yeah, that cartoony thing is what I was trying to say with childish, I couldn't find the right word for it, but you got it.

But that's the challenge in Redline Rush, don't you think? I find it pretty nice like that, it isn't exactly first person, you can see your car, but you can't see much more than that, so that's actually pretty cool. And the vehicles are nice in the game, so that's also a good thing.

8. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

Yeah, I suppose you've got a fair point there - it does mean that you have to be a little more alert and a little quicker with your reflexes. I still haven't played this Turbo Racing 3D yet but will do so when I've got a bit of time on my hands.

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Haven't heard of it till now but it sounds very interesting. The only thing I'm hesitant about is that it only takes one hit to die, and I'm terrible at dodging traffic lol. I'll give this a shot though.

10. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I have never heard about this one I will be honest but it really does sound like a game that would be really cool. I travel a lot so I am always looking for something that will help me to past the time when I am waiting on an airport or flying on the plane.

11. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

Well, I've had a go at this game now. It's not too bad at all, it's something I would let my children play. I do, however, much prefer Redline Rush. I don't know, I guess it's a bit more sophisticated and appeals to adults more. Turbo Racing 3D is still a great little game though, it's light and easy on resources and the file size is small.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah games that can be played in short bursts are great. I like it when they make it just frustrating enough for you to want to give it a few more tries because that way you get to kill a good amount of time without noticing it too much.

13. troutski

troutski Active Member

I recently tried this one out, and it was fun enough for a few minutes. I'm not sure how much longevity you can get out of it, but it's definitely fun in short stints.

14. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

It actually looks pretty good for an app. The graphics aren't bad, and best of all, it's free! I haven't exactly tried it out yet, but I might consider getting it just to try it out.

15. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I've never heard about this. I might try it later or tomorrow. Gonna make some few comments about it.

16. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Well, I gave it a try, and to my surprise, I actually had fun! I thought it would be one of those poorly made games thrown together for profit and for the sake of it, but it was a genuinely fun experience! I think that it's the first indie racing game for smart phones which I can recommend!

17. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

Yes, It's a nice game. The graphics can't be called 'very high quality' but it is decent. The size of the game is not that high and the this saves a lot of space. Actually, this one of the best games with a small size that I have played in my life.

18. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I'll give this game a try. It has received very good reviews. The graphics look pretty solid for a mobile game.

19. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

Restarting after hitting a vehicle has to be extremely annoying. Even if you slightly hit a car, you have to restart. That seems really strange for a racing game.