Need for Speed Rivals Too many NFS titles?

Discussion in 'Need for Speed Unbound' started by wowtgp, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

I don't particularly mind that there are so many NFS games because each game is a good game on its own, with here and there a few exceptions maybe. They're all well-received by the community too so they don't really have any reason not to release as many games as they have. Each game feels new to me too so it doesn't get repetitive like the last few Call of Duty titles. As long as they're not completely copying the last title I don't care that we get a new game each year.

2. GenevB

GenevB Member

Yeah, let's hope they make a worthy successor to NFS underground, I've been waiting too long for this. I just can imagine how great it would be to have that game play with nowadays concept and graphics.

3. MissBin

MissBin Member

I think that every title is there for a reason. Just look at Grand Theft Auto games where there is a new title each time when new game gets released aswell. I think that it would be boring if they kept just few titles. I think that Need for Speed Underground has the best title ever, because the title says what the game is about.. the underground.

4. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

It's EA. You're goddamned right that once they see a game sells well, you'll get at least 50 sequels in your lifetime. "Oh, they liked the first one, which was a good game? Let's develop the second one by making it the exact same, but with a changed name. I mean, they liked the first one a lot, didn't they?".

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same here. I really wish they would just stick to the old structures and just update the graphics. I found those to be the most fun but of course I understand that they wanted to change things up a bit after a while.

6. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

I know that a franchise has too many games when I can't name all of them, seriously. I used to play all the NFS games. I played all of them right when they came out, up until The Run. After that came out, I started playing it and the FPS was low, so I stopped playing all the games released after that. I played the newer Most Wanted as well, but I didn't like that at all. I don't even know which ones came out after that, I simply lost interest in them. They are making so many NFS games, and they still didn't make a good sequel to Underground 2. Why not? I want car customization, I don't want fancy graphics and all that nonsense, I want to buy and customize cars.

7. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker Member

Well there is a new call of duty game every year and people don't complain about that. Why should you complain that they make a game every year, you should be glad that a studio can churn out a game every year. They also give you the option of buying the game if you want. They didn't make a game this year because they want to take two years to make the next one because it is going to be awesome, and well worth the $60 price tag.

8. Jasonreid

Jasonreid Member

Well, of course there are too many need for speed titles. clearly this is EA attempt of remaining relevant. However I think need all titles basically features racing which becomes boring after a time. Need not sure what they will try next as it would seem to me that they are running out of ideas to sell.

9. wulfman

wulfman Member

It doesn't hurt the series any to have different categories to choose from.

10. wulfman

wulfman Member

I mean NFS: Hot Pursuit was a completely different type of experience compared to NFS II (I never played the original NFS). NFS: Carbon was good because of the street crew you ran versus playing as an individual. I don't think I played half of Carbon's selections though.

11. BRyze

BRyze Member

I don't think there's too many. They aren't linked story wise. It's just a series of games. It's like saying there's too many NBA2K games or too many Gran Turismo games. It's not too many as long as they don't start trying to link them all via story.

12. Robbinho14

Robbinho14 New Member

Probably full of bugs at the first release anyways. Will wait before i buy it or maybe i am not even going to buy it and just pirate it. But i will definately wait a while before buying/downloading the game.

13. wulfman

wulfman Member

Yea its like saying there are too many Madden games. In fact THAT is a better argument than saying there are too many versions of NFS.

14. jcc

jcc New Member

I agree. The series isn't deliberately linked as a storyline or anything, just loads of games sharing a common title. They are all different in their own respects anyway.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Well, the NFS is a really big franchise so I don't think anyone is surprised with the popularity, but as jcc said a lot of the titles are not relevant to the storyline, just independent. I feel like they need to improve a lot for the next NFS game, people are getting burnt out.

16. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

The next NFS game will blend Underground with rivals [which itself is a blend of Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted]. The developers at EA no longer are that creative. If they keep this up, they'll I'm certain lose lots of fans.

17. troutski

troutski Active Member

9-month old revived thread is revived thread. :3

18. troutski

troutski Active Member

Need for Speed has lost tons of fans already, but the games still make enough money to be financially viable, and that's really all that matters for the company.

19. troutski

troutski Active Member

That's not really true, though. Most Wanted outsold its predecessor, The Run, and Rivals didn't do too bad either. NFS is still a mega-franchise, and it's sold 150 million copies in its entirety, with over 50 million of those sales coming since 2009. No burnout here.

20. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

They could've sold much more than that if they actually bothered to add something new to every iteration, I personally became bored with the franchise after the latest releases. Nothing that made me too excited, just another repetitive game with little additions. Those games were not bad, just not special.

21. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed, and good point in bringing up COD. I think at least every other NFS title has something different about them whereas FPS games feel too similar to me and personally I don't even notice graphic improvements.