Need for Speed Rivals Too many NFS titles?

Discussion in 'Need for Speed Unbound' started by wowtgp, Oct 14, 2013.

1. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I have already stated in this form that I ma not that excited for this game.I am not picking it up day 1 for sure. Yeah, I will give it a go once it dirt cheap, because EA doesn't deserve $60 for an annualised franchise. It's my opinion and I am not going to argue upon it since I know there are some people who love NFS games and are looking forward to it.

Some people will say that Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted were really good games. Yeah, they were good, but so is every FIFA game. It's more of the game thing with virtually no innovation. These evil bastar*s look down their files so that we can't mod their games. How will they sell their next game then? I really hope they EA learn their lesson soon or they will go down the drain like THQ. Yes, they are doing good right now, but things change really drastically in gaming industry. Just look at where Square Enix is going right now. All in all, my point is, they should not make this an annual franchise and cut us some slack. They need to learn something from Bethesda and 2K Games or die. What do you think?

2. sn1

sn1 Member

You do have a point its getting old now but hey its a favorite.

3. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Of course, it's favorite. Why wouldn't it be? It as one of the very first racing titles in the market. But if they keep churning out a new NFS title every year, it won't be long before it's obsolete and stale. I don't care for the new NFS game a;ready.

4. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

I think they can pull off annual Need for Speeds if they just diversify the games themselves. Games like Shift and Most Wanted are completely different games that just kind of fall into the same franchise. Although given EA's reputation, I don't really trust them to pull it off.

5. Solar

Solar Member

This is what AAA gaming has become, for the most part. Release a highly successful title and then annualize it or milk until people get sick of it. It's kind of sad.

6. Boundless

Boundless Member

Yes I'd agree with you on this one. The series are getting old, but I still find them to my liking. If I have time to spare I'd always play and explore the newly released games.

7. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

It would be OK if all their games remained really good, but some of their titles in this series have really let them down.

8. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Well if the gamers are not happy and word gets to them, I'm sure they'll rectify the [mistake]? But while a number of people still love the NFS series of games as they create them then I'm sure they'll take that as a sign that they're doing their stuff right [and if that's the reality on the ground, why change it]?

9. Solar

Solar Member

People can continue to complain as much as they want but if it still sells well enough they will keep releasing them.

10. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Sure. And in fact the only way to prove the point is by boycotting the games when they're released. But once they start building the hype before releasing the game, who won't be interested enough to take a stab at the new game then complain later?

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I kind of have to agree. I wasn't that thrilled with their most recent release either, and like you, I did not feel like the price was warranted. It was more realistic and modern, sure, but not more fun and worse yet, not even as fun as the older ones. I suppose someone out there somewhere prefers the newer titles, I just never really put too much precedence on being realistic to begin with. I'm reserving judgement until I get to try out the latest, though, I might like it still.

12. Pickicool

Pickicool New Member

I agree. We see too-Need For Speed these days!
    There's a new episode every year. I think they should be careful because the license has lost its luster.

NFS Most Wanted lacked a bit of flavor and freshness. NFS porchain must be good if he wants to get noticed by the public.

As I always say, there must be a local multiplayer mode for those games.

13. Racer X

Racer X Member

Yeah, I feel that annualization eats away at the quality of games. Where game developers once took their time to craft an enjoyable gaming experience, they now cut corners as far as innovation is concerned and crank out rushed products that will have little to no replay value. Why? Just to cash in.

And I definitely agree that $60 for a title you've essentially played and beaten before is outrageous.. I rarely, if ever, buy games on release dates. Like what was said above, the newer NFS titles look cleaner, graphics are better, cars look "realer." But the gameplay isn't any better.

But for newer fans/gamers, it appeals.. we could just be the old fogies in the room. lol

14. xxsaumitraxx

xxsaumitraxx New Member

Yeah, I agree with you. I'm not going to buy the latest NFS game either, most probably because I don't like NFS like I used to. They are not creating anything new, just giving us graphics and some shitty gameplay and they think that people are still gonna buy the game. Well, they are wrong because most people care about the gameplay, and don't give graphics much hype-YEAH PEOPLE LIKE ME :p

15. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

I love how NFS alternates between good and bad games. One would think that EA would smarten up and release games alternate years and not put out the bad ones.

16. Chaos

Chaos Member

In the last 10 years NFS released only mediocre games, after the first Most Wanted the franchise created only games with silly GTA driving mechanics. I loved Porsche in 2000 and Underground but the last ones (The run, Most Wanted 2) were ridiculous.

17. jbepp

jbepp Member

Yeah, I kinda wish they started a new IP with the same concept since the game is getting stale.
    I don't have high hopes for the new NFS but we'll just have to wait and see.

18. hempwick

hempwick New Member

I think the NFS speed series has been mostly successful, however there have certainly been some let down's. For example Rivals isn't that great according to some review I have read. I have not yet played it though so I can't comment on it completely. I know that Pro Street was really bad. I think this was the worst game in the NFS series! I think in a way there are too many titles, Pro Street is just one too many titles :D

19. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Member

Didn't they have two Most Wanted Need For Speed titles? I was a little confused because it seemed like they had two within a couple of years that had the same name. I could be wrong about this but this is how I seem to remember it.

20. 4justice

4justice Member

The problem is that EA wants the franchise of Need for Speed to be totally synonymous with all aspects of racing. Which means arcade, drag, and simulator.

They have so many Need for Speed titles because they want to try to pull ALL racing fans into their franchise.

Ultimately, what's happening is that they're becoming a jack of all trades, yet master of none.