The Crew Trailer Shows How You Customize Your Ride

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Shawn Hopkins, Oct 15, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

Here’s a new trailer for Ubisoft’s The Crew which shows off the game’s customization options.

In the game you can switch between specs such as Street and Dirt, which change the look and performance of the cars. And you can alter different characteristics and parts within those specs, such as tires, gearboxes, motorcores and air systems. The point of the customization is to best adapt to the various terrains and racing types available in the game’s virtual United States.

The Crew will be out Dec. 2 on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4 and PC. Before launch there will also be a closed console beta in November on PS4 and Xbox One, which you can sign up for here.

The post The Crew Trailer Shows How You Customize Your Ride appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...

2. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

I've always been a huge fan of being able to customize a car as much as you want and this game is definitely showing promise when it comes to that. Trailers generally only show the good things though so I'm trying to be a little reserved until I get to check out the game by myself. If the customization options turn out to be lackluster then I wouldn't mind all too much but then they shouldn't have advertised with it.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

The best racing games tend to incorporate countless customization options for players, and I love The Crew for offering such a diverse customization system. I hope that translates into noticeable differences between each customization option.

4. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

This is pretty great, but I tend to get overwhelmed quickly with large amounts of customization. Maybe I'll dabble with it a little bit, but not too much.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

That looks great! Customization is one of the things I really loved abut some of my older racing game favorites so this game is looking more and more like it's going to be my next favorite. I'm not such a big fan of the off road customization designs but it's a good addition and a necessary break from the rest of the types. I particularly like the circuit type customizations. Now I'm really looking forward to this game and definitely a lot more than Drive Club which was what I was initially excited for.

6. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Woah, this is really the first racing game that offers a degree of customisation rivalling the Need for Speed series. I guess it was to be expected though, as an MMO it is important for individual personalization so that every player has a unique car.

7. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

Well, it certainly looks awesome in the trailer! Hopefully it ends up up being just as impressive in game, and offers some obvious differences between the different options. I've always been big on customization in racing games, and it seems like they're offering a pretty fair diversity of it.

8. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

I hope the gameplay is good. I played some of beta and I had mixed feeling about the driving, and I almost felt like it was too arcadey. I probably won't get The Crew, since I'm opting for Driveclub, but I hope if I get it in the future the driving will be different. The customization does look impressive though, and this trailer does a nice job showing it off.

9. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

The focus is on customization this time around apart from the sale of this game which, not to mention, is really huge. I will definitely dig into that once the game is released.

10. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I hope it is impressive,as older racing games did not offer a lot in customizing your ride in the late nineties, and gave options which were not really exciting to use in the game. I hope the game delivers fine results, and does what it says it will do and keep players entertained and give great options when changing your car and parts. I think this game will improve over Grand Turismo and also the Need for Speed series in this area and looks impressive from the video I saw. In newer games, they may add this and learn from what the crew offers and change how they make the games.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you didn't like it as much. I Personally prefer more arcade type movement and mechanics though so I probably will like this game a lot more than its realistic counterpart, drive club.

12. crazyman1090

crazyman1090 Member

That was pretty cool. I played the beta as well and the racing did not seem as realistic as the trailers portray it to be. However, this level of customization is pretty high as it tops a lot of its other competitors. However, the 30 FPS limit really, really bugged me... I don't know if I will play The Crew as my go-to racing game.

13. sarahxalex

sarahxalex New Member

In my opinion, I think it is only right if a racing game allows you to customize your car. It is more realistic and you feel like you have the power in the game. I have not yet played this game but from the research and the pictures I have seen it seems to be very cool. However from some of the posts I have been reading here some people still don't seem to be satisfied with this game. Hopefully they upgrade and modify it a little bit before making another one of these.

14. RadialPerson

RadialPerson Member

Not bad but I was hoping to see an actual view of the customization menu to see exactly how much you can add to the car, like how and what type of emblems or logos you can add to the car. The variety of the customization looks good but I'm pretty underwhelmed by the graphics, they look really bad. I know it's set in a huge world but the graphics look like they will be a problem in my opinion, looks like a ps3 game.

15. funone22

funone22 New Member

This sounds pretty awesome and thanks for posting this so that we all can see. I like learning about brand new games coming out.

16. BluBird

BluBird Member

I had that NFSPU2 feel for a second there... T'hat's 10 years later! I hope this game delivers.

17. Cloister

Cloister New Member

Looks pretty awesome. I love personalizing my own cars and tuning them to fit my driving style, so all this customization they're offering is very cool. Looking forward to this game!

18. BRyze

BRyze Member

Customization is always a good thing. Nobody wants to have the same car as everyone else. It's also nice to show off your car. Either way I'm glad they put so much into it.

19. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

Customization in the Crew was pretty sweet for what I got to play with in the beta. Pricey but sweet. There was even a button to randomize your car's customization based on the parts and colors you had unlocked which is great for someone that wants to change things up but can't make up their mind.

20. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

Im so glad that they are keeping it simple yet dense considering the RPG element of the game it would suck to have to keep track of so many different parts to have to constantly change and upgrade.