The Crew The Crew to get improved sound, handling and UI

Discussion in 'The Crew 3' started by BluBird, Aug 18, 2015.

1. BluBird

BluBird Member

The highlights of the The Crew's upcoming updates for most will be the addition of the new vehicles and specs such as the monster trucks, bikes and dragsters from the Wild Run expansion along with the updated graphics and wet weather conditions available to everyone.

However, fans should also get themselves excited for other more fundamental changes coming to The Crew this November. Not only will The Crew be getting all these great updates listed above but Ivory Tower have also announced the open-world racer will also receive updates in sound, handling and the user interface will be getting a tweak too.

Ivory Tower state that engine sounds for every car featured in the game will have been reworked. The new engine sounds are said to be “more precise and more present”. This will no doubt come as great news to players as the game was criticised for having a lack of variety in sounds from one car to the next.

The cars handling model will also receive attention. All cars will benefit from enhanced aerodynamics and the tyre model will be getting a tune too which should make for an improved driving experience. Furthermore, the game User Interface (UI) will be getting some tweaks here and there all in the name of making it clearer and more user friendly.

Finally, Ivory Tower will be re-introducing the close follow (chase) cam which was replaced in the patch from March. It will return as an additional viewpoint the development team confirms.

2. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I'm really glad they decided to improve on the game in general. I was really excited for the game, but it ended up being kind of disappointing for me. Hopefully this update will change that. Really looking forward to it.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

I'm not going to complain about anything you just said...

4. troutski

troutski Active Member

...Because it all sounds AWESOME!

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see the developers of this game are keeping their eyes on the ball and are constantly fixing their mistakes bit by bit. No doubt this will become a very good franchise title someday in my opinion.

6. Darius

Darius Member

This sounds amazing! For me atleast I think it's a good thing the game decreased in value so quickly because now I can pick it up for cheap when I get the time!

7. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

It's nice to see the game is still getting development even after the bad press and disappointments from the community. At least we know the game will be supported a while longer.

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. I think they have been handling themselves very well from before launch up until now. They seemed to have learned a lot from other games' previous messy launches.

9. Darius

Darius Member

Yeah. It's nice to know they're improving. The question is will it bring back the users or will it flop?

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think they are fairly safe for now, in my opinion. I've been watching them since launch and it seems like they are doing things right by their fans both in the way they fixed initial bugs and the way they handled the launch itself and also how they are handling their updates and add ons now.

11. Darius

Darius Member

Well That's true but some gamers are stubborn and will swear off a company for a mistake.

12. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

The playerbase has been on a steady decline. I honestly doubt that this improvement will generate enough hype, especially with rival racer Need For Speed 2015 being recently released.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yeah, I don't think The Crew will be able to make a comeback. Its playerbase will slowly die until no one is left, other games are approaching really fast and this title is starting to become less relevant.