System Requirements Released for The Crew

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Shawn Hopkins, Nov 1, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

Ubisoft has now revealed exactly how much PC you’ll need if you want to play it’s upcoming MMORPG racer. Hope you’ve got a 64-bit operating system.

The requirements are:

Minimum

Supported OS
    Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 (64bit)​

Processor
    Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 GHz or AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6 GHz (or better)​

RAM
    4GB​

Video Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 or AMD Radeon HD4870 (512MB VRAM with Shader Model 4.0 or higher)​

Recommended

Supported OS
    Windows 8/8.1 (64bit)​

Processor
    Intel Core i5-750 @ 2.66 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0 GHz (or better)​

RAM
    8GB​

Video Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX580 or AMD Radeon 6870 (1024MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or higher)​

Optimal

Supported OS
    Windows 8/8.1 (64bit)​

Processor
    Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8150 @ 3.6 GHz (or better)​

RAM
    8GB​

Video Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX670 or AMD Radeon 7870 (2048MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or higher​

In addition to these specs, there are some other notes on what you’ll need below, leading off with the fact that The Crew will require a 64-bit operating system to run:

General Notes

The Crew only supports 64-bit operating systems.

DirectX
    DirectX June 2010 Redistributable

Sound
    DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers

Peripherals
    Keyboard required, Xbox 360 controller optional (or compatible controller)

Supported Video Cards at Release Time
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 or better, GTX400, GTX500, GTX600, GTX700, GTX900 series; AMD Radeon HD4870 or better, HD5000, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series;

The Crew requires that a driver more recent than 14.6 is installed for Windows 7 and 8/8.1. Performance issues may arise when using inferior versions of the video driver (14.4 and below) on these operating systems.

Laptop correspondent models of the above desktop specifications, as well as newer CPU and Video Cards, may work but have not been exhaustively tested.

So can your PC make it go? If not, don’t worry, The Crew is also coming to PS4, Xbox One and Xbox 360. It’ll be out Dec. 2. A closed beta for Xbox One and PS4 is also starting Nov. 6, you can find out more about that and sign up here.

The post System Requirements Released for The Crew appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...

2. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

The optimal settings definitely have high requirements, but the final graphics quality is nothing short of stunning. If you don't have the latest rig, I believe that the recommended requirements can already provide a very smooth and fun gameplay experience.

3. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker Member

Well it looks like I need to upgrade my machine. Games have really improved exponentially which means so have the system requirements. Nowadays you need to spend maybe thousands on a computer so it doesn't become obsolete a few years.

4. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

Those are some fairly high requirements, but not surprising with the scope of the graphics and the game itself...I feel like that's becoming the pace more and more these days in general with a lot of games, though. They really can take up a lot of room.

5. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I am glad that the system requirements are not that high for a MMO like this. It means that it's really optimized for PC unlike Watch Dogs and other games.

6. troutski

troutski Active Member

Not too bad. My rig is more than covered for the optimal settings of The Crew, and I'm glad for that fact.

7. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Most games take at least 10-20 GB of space! Thank god for 1 TB hard drives :p

8. troutski

troutski Active Member

For me, nothing beats a 2 TB hard drive, which I've managed to fill up two in the past year or so. I don't know how.

9. shreklock

shreklock Member

Lets hope the game graphics meets these requirements. I should be able to run it on low settings, as my graphics card is so old and I really need an upgrade.

10. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

When the game was in beta, I could run it on max graphics setting at around 23ish FPS on a 3.5ghz quad core phenom II. 4gbs of ddr2 800mhz and a radeon R9 270. dropping antialiasing to almost nothing, and turning shadows down to low I was able to take the game up to about 50fps throughout highly trafficked areas. Just to give a working example for anyone interested.

11. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

The optimal settings arent so demanding, which is nice to see. Ill be tricking this baby out on all MAX hopefully ill be blown away and not disappointed. Does anyone know about the stability of the frame rate?

12. dinomarino1

dinomarino1 Member

even though the settings are not over the top i am still going to probably have to buy a new pc in order to incomidate every thing.

13. Cloister

Cloister New Member

Yikes. Looks like I won't be getting this for PC. Might pick this one up when I buy a PS4.

14. BRyze

BRyze Member

Is it me or does it seem like companies are setting unrealistic optimal requirements. I can't tell if I'm just always behind or if barely anyone else is running those settings. They're always so much further ahead of what people are running. The graphics look great for this game but that's not the case for every game. It just confuses me.

15. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

I suppose that the developers are just playing it safe. There should be zero issues under the recommended settings, so they set the bar a little higher. Realistically I think that 2-3 year old computers should be able to run the game smoothly although they might be slightly below the recommended settings. The minimum settings are very easy to meet as well, though in this case gameplay might necessarily be affected.

16. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

My computer is dated by all means, the only thing being slightly up to date is my graphics card. as long as you have a quad core boasting 3 to 4ghz of power, and a good GPU the game will be easy to run. The only games that are truly demanding on systems are games that are taking up unnecessary resources because the devs refuse to try and tightly optimize their game. but I guess for about 500-600 you can get a current gen computer and you would easily max out most games.

17. BluBird

BluBird Member

This is what system requirements should be. This is hopefully well optimised, like Max Payne 3 was, and Watch Dogs wasn't.

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

At least the minimum requirements don't seem too over the top. I'm no expert but I think buying a machine with those specs won't cost that much so that's a good thing in my opinion. I'm not too particular about graphics myself as long as the game doesn't lag or stutter.

19. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

These aren't bad requirements, and they seem to be good. Sadly, I'll only be able to play it on low or medium, probably, since my processor is a bit better than the minimum requirement one, and I have 4 GB of ram. The only thing that is recommended is my graphics card, which is R9 270x. It's a lot better than 6870 which they have recommended. But, my other parts are going to fail and I'll have to play it with lower graphical fidelity.

20. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Those aren't such demanding requirements, but if I learned anything from Ubisoft's recent launch fiascos, the games will require WAY more than what is written here to run smoothly, or even launch at all. I bet Ubisoft will be rushing the hell out of this game, so it will probably be a hot mess.