Steam games

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by jurew2, Jul 16, 2014.

1. jurew2

jurew2 Member

Hey guys,
    Do you spend a lot of money on Steam games during the year?

I don't buy a lot of games druing the year on steam when there aren't any sales. But when there are sales and the games are a lot cheaper I buy some games, because I know I get them cheap and I usually enjoy them. I usually don't buy games that I wouldn't play.

2. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Too much. That's why I have 240+ games on steam.. AND GROWING...

3. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

Steam is certainly a good choice if you want cheaper games and hey, it's enjoyable. I personally prefer to buy games from steam than any other online or real life store. It's just a lot easier and you can connect with communities and such.

4. rgrimes

rgrimes Member

Steam is a very nice gaming platform and place to buy games, you can get a lot of pretty cheap games that would cost a lot during the sales. I totally recommend it to everyone and anyone, I have like 100+ games on steam, sometimes games go for no price when the developers want it to.

5. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

Another good thing is that you can keep the games even when you reformat your computer, without having to save them, or have tons of CDs. Also, if you get bored of a game, you uninstall it and install it later.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I but most of my games when they are on sale or if I see another site that offers promos and discounts on Steam games. I almost never pay full price and thankfully there is always some promo going on where I can get some old games for a cheap price, so I do end up getting a lot of them but I also try and be more careful with not buying too much that I end up getting games that I didn't have interest in in the first place and merely get them due to a lower price.

7. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

That happens a lot to me. When I see a very cheap game, I try to buy it, even though I don't use it and will never do. I quote you on that though, that there is always a promo going on.

Wubwub likes this.
  8. Livvy

Livvy Member

What's that you say? Too many games? That's alright, we can let you take a break for a while...

Oh, did we mention that this game you don't even want is 75% off in our sale?

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah, and it get that's part of their game plan to reel you in with cheap prices. I don't mind it that much though because I'd at least have it in my library forever and even if I don't end up playing it myself I could always pass it on to the kids in my family.

10. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

That's true. You can use them as a gift to someone you know that wants that game badly or something. Their plan is well built and works. I guess they're just experienced in the sales market.

11. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I have spent a lot of money on some of the games that I am not sure why I even purchased them in the first place. I don;t know. The discounts offered during season sales are too good to ignore.

12. Livvy

Livvy Member

I don't think you can pass on a game which you've added to your library though. Can you?

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I haven't tried, but I plan on just letting them use my account because I'm not really too attached to it.

14. Livvy

Livvy Member

Well that makes sense I guess. Although do you mean you don't use it much, or what?

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I use it a fair amount, but it's just that I'm not very attached to it. I could just make a new account if ever the need arises and also we could just use it alternately anyway.

16. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

I bought about 150 dollars worth of Steam Cards and then blew it all on the Winter Sale. Probably the worst decision of my life. I probably only play a couple of games in my Steam Library. I have around 78 games in my library, and for some reason it just keeps on growing. It's like when it's a normal day, I just play some Garry's Mod with my friends, maybe blast some people in Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and then I go onto my PS3 and forget about Steam. The problem is, I have about seventy games that is just collecting dust (metaphorically). But when there's a sale, I suddenly just go crazy, buying everything that has a 50% off tag on it. I need to seek help.

17. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

Two words: Humble Bundle. I only buy a few games a year, here and there. I usually always take advantage of the Humble Bundle because of the goodies and the good price. I haven't spent a lot of money over the years, but I believe it's over $50.

18. Livvy

Livvy Member

True actually. Just be aware, if you weren't already, that if you made a new account your purchases wouldn't cross over. But you probably knew that already. Come to think of it, if a friend asked I'd probably let them use my account

19. MissBin

MissBin Member

No i don't. I install only the Free-to-play games because paying for games seems pointless to me. Even though they're not that expesnive but still i can find a game for free somewhere else.

20. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Thanks, yeah I don't really mind losing my games especially since I probably would have already played through them by the time my nephews start being able to get into that whole scene. Il just start a new collection in my new account and besides I could just borrow my old account if I really wanted to anyway.