F1 2013 Something wrong with Amateur difficulty

Discussion in 'F123' started by mddimehdi, Oct 9, 2014.

1. mddimehdi

mddimehdi New Member

Hello guys,

Picked up this game (Classic Edition) in recent Codemasters sale and trying to play the carreer now on Amateur difficulty.

Is there something I don't understand but Amateur AI is insanely fast, for example I am doing 1.38 in Melbourne and everybody else does around 1.33 - in the reason of this I am always in the very bottom with Williams F1. I have tried numerous custom setups, changing wing angles from highest to lowest, adjusting gears, brake balance, fuel mix, tyres, keeping right to the racing line - no avail, always in the bottom. I am playing with PS3 compatible controller (Hama Black Force), for some reason I prefer controller (due to space on the table) to the wheel.

Can you please let me know if there any tweak to this, or this game is completely unplayable on controller? I have setup the "input device override" to "Gamepad" in settings, did some changes in deadzones, saturation, lineage, but again - no avail.

Maybe somebody can help me here with advice what to do, game seems interesting, last F1 season with V8 engines, so I would like to give it a go.

P. S. I am playing with all assistants enabled.

2. troutski

troutski Active Member

I don't know what to tell you, but it sounds like the game puts up a challenge even at the lowest difficulty!

3. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

I guess the game's just that difficult.

4. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

Maybe it's a penalty the game dishes out when the player uses amateur difficulty. You should learn by experience, and if you can't go to hard mode immediately, just stick with normal difficulty and at no circumstances do you ever go to amateur or easy mode. That's just the life of a gamer though, if you can't get good with normal or hard modes, then you shouldn't be playing at all.

On the other hand, it could be a bug that can easily be fixed by updates of the game, or mods if you're on the PC. But to be fair, you shouldn't even be playing in amateur to begin with.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

If it starts to seem insanely impossible then it might be a good idea to bring it up with the developers themselves either through social media or official forums. I don't think amateur difficulty should give you this much trouble.