Similar shows to Lost

Discussion in 'Film and Television' started by Hemingway, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Can anyone recommend me some shows that have 3+ seasons and weren't cancelled without an ending? I'm thinking something along the lines of Lost but with better closure.

2. dailypost1

dailypost1 Member

Defying that type of question is quite difficult to avoid, but that would be something different. To be honest, there is no other shows that can be compared to Lost. There is none as of now.

3. Brem

Brem Member

I guess similar shows would be: Heroes, Fringe, X-Files, stuff that defies logic and is completely insane and awesome. I honestly can't think of anything similar to the premise, but if you want something crazy, those shows may be what you're looking for.

4. TheRev6591

TheRev6591 New Member

Have you ever watched The Sopranos? It's incredible.

I'm sad however, as I'm not sure that it quite compares to Lost. If I were to be able to erase one TV show from my mind and re-watch it, it would have to be Lost.

Quite a few of my friends also mention The Wire a lot too, I might try and give it a chance.

5. Brem

Brem Member

It's hard to compare Lost to any other show. It had a crazy storyline that was new to TV. I guess shows like American Horror Story are something that may interest you. I hear it's a really good series, but I haven't seen it yet.

Also I tried watching the wire, but for some reason couldn't get into it.

6. TheRev6591

TheRev6591 New Member

Yeah, I gave it a watch maybe a year and a half ago. The toughest thing to get past was the marathon of an intro! In all seriousness though, it was a really long winded TV show. I'm not sure if it's because television was different over a decade ago, but it just didn't push as many of my buttons as most modern TV shows.

7. ReinaDIa

ReinaDIa Member

How about Supernatural? I'm not even sure if it still comes on.
    Or try American Horror Story.

8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I've watched X-files already and Heroes never appealed to me. I'll check out Fringe, thanks!

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I've seen the Wire and it's brilliant. I watched the first 2 seasons of the Sopranos and lost interest, sadly.

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I've seen the first 2 seasons of AHS. I'm gonna be watching the new one soon.

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Seen all Supernatural as well.

12. davis

davis Active Member

Hah, I've had the opposite reaction. Ditched The Wire in favor of The Sopranos. I saw you mention Goodfellas earlier, and this is offtopic but have you seen Boardwalk Empire?

Hemingway likes this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

No I haven't, but I remember seeing an actor from the Wire was in it and thinking to myself that I'd like to check it out. Thank you for reminding me about it.

14. jcairns82

jcairns82 Member

It's so hard to think of anything that could top or compare to Lost. That show had such a great mythology and then it just fell apart. Don't know about anybody else, but I ended it thinking that 6 seasons had been wasted.

As for high quality dramas, I'd recommend House of Cards. It's only had 1 season, but it's getting another one and then it's likely done. You won't get your 3 seasons, but you'll definitely get an enjoyable show.

15. ReinaDIa

ReinaDIa Member

How about Misfits?

16. x0MandyLynn0x

x0MandyLynn0x New Member

This topic caught my attention, because I've been wondering the same thing. Lost is one of my favorite Television shows, the character depth was just amazing. It made it so you could get attached to everyone, so when 'sad moments' happened, they definitely were downright SAD! I don't think there has ever been a show like Lost, from everywhere I've looked on the same kind of topic. From my own personal thought though. The Netflix show called Orange is the New Black has the same idea of getting to know the characters. Where it shows the life of girls who are in jail, yet it goes back and forth from their lives before and than in jail. So it reminded me of Lost there. Of course the story line is completely different. But that show only has 1 season, so..not something you're looking for. But I can't wait until more seasons come out for that show, it's quite amazing!

17. ReinaDIa

ReinaDIa Member

I like that show too. The way it ended was great but it mad me kind of mad that I had to wait for the next season.

18. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

Its pretty hard to replace Lost because they would use cliffhangers to continue a episode into the next one, kind of the way they write novels I would say. You might want to check out the Twin Peaks series and it was about a investigation about the death of a small-town homecoming queen named Laura Palmer, also it had a lot of wierd characters in it which were very interesting.

19. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Member

I am not sure if there is anything similar to Lost at all, Lost was a unique TV Series really. But there are a few shows that have a good background of the characters like Lost had. Try Person of Interest. It's an action/drama/thriller series with a very good character depth and great story. The creators of the show are Jonathan Nolan and Abrams, the one that created Lost so you can clearly see some similarities between the two shows.