Relay Adversary Mode: Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by Darius, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Darius

Darius Member

Personally I think it's an awesome mode. It just needs a full lobby to play. I had always thought of setting something like this up with team GTA races but this mode just makes it easier. Especially since you can remove car class restrictions entirely. If all my friends hadn't gotten bored of GTA I'd really like to try motorcycles vs supercars. What do you guys think of it?

2. Susime

Susime Active Member

Can you give a rundown of what this mode is all about?

I don't really play online. I only played online a short time a while back and was just doing the same stuff there as what I do offline.

3. Darius

Darius Member

It's a relay race in cars. Max of eight players (Four teams of two) and the one thing that is a shame is that it's an adversary mode so it will probably stay limited to the five or so maps rockstar put out.

Anyways how it works is as follows, you pick your car, whichever class is selected by the host, and pick your role. Driver 1 and driver 2. The race starts and Driver one on each team go, leaving the 2nd drivers waiting. They have to wait in an area marked on the map and can spectate. Once the driver currently racing reaches the start line they must stop and wait while their teammate races. I've seen no games with a team race mode like this one in my life.

4. Susime

Susime Active Member

That sounds like a pretty good race mode and made me think of that tag-team race they had in F&F2. Kinda surprising this style of race hasn't taken off in online games more.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've never heard of any racing game with this type of mechanic either so I'm sure it is a welcome addition. I have to try it out for myself as I'm always on the lookout for innovative additions to racing games because traditional racers kind of bore me a bit.

6. Susime

Susime Active Member

It's pretty refreshing and a new take on racing.

If I recall, they had something slightly similar in the game Destruction Derby Raw.

7. Darius

Darius Member

So I played it a bit more and my biggest gripe is ragequitting players. If your teammate ragequits it takes your entire team out of the race and ends the event after the current round.

8. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Huh, well this mode sounds interesting. I don't know how I missed it until now, but I'll definitely give it a try when I'll fire up GTA V next time!

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Rage quitting is a huge pain in online games and some more than others. I really never got the point of it and I think the ones in charge should do something to curb that behavior.