PSP Games That Got You Addicted

Discussion in 'Portable Gaming' started by Wubwub, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'm planning on getting the original PSP again someday soon and apart from the games I know I'd love to replay, I'd also like to hear about some other ones that are equally as addictive but I may have missed.

My top addictive PSP games are

Crisis. Core
    Dissidia
    Chili. Con Carnage
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    Burnout

Any others you guys could share?

2. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I never really had many PSP games. The one that I played the most though was Burnout Dominator. But I don't think I ever finished the game.

3. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I don't own many psp games but I love Kingdom hearts Birth by Sleep and Persona 3. Those games are awesome.

4. Solar

Solar Member

Dissidia Final Fantasy was like CRACK. And then Duodecim came out, with more content, new mechanics and balance changes blew my mind. That was definitely the most addictive PSP game. The story sucked, though, and it was a tad too grindy... but still, addictive amazing game!

5. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I think Burnout was one of the games that got me really addicted to playing the PSP. I think that another one that got me hooked to it was the god Of War game that they had for it. Those were two games that I spent a lot of time playing when I used to play on the PSP a lot.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. I initially brushed off Dissidia as probably just being another cash grab but quickly changed my mind once I got to play it and saw how well made it actually was. I didn't even really like FF at the time which just made me even more surprised.

7. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

Another game that got me really hooked to the PSP was the game Snoopy and The Red Baron. That was a really fun flying game and one of the games that I had really come to love when I used to spend a lot of time playing on the PSP.

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've never even heard of that before. I wonder if it is a popular title. I know of snoopy and I would have loved to have gotten to play this when I still had my PSP.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Tekken probably kept me glued to the screen for hours, such an awesome game! :D I loved playing online and getting higher up in ranks.

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Too bad they didn't have online mode back in the PSP days or maybe I just wasn't aware of it. I did have fun playing multiplayer with my friends who did have PSPs too though.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Well, Tekken 6 was the first one I played online so I guess they did have online capabilities back in the day. Not sure about the other ones though.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't think Tekken 6 was released on PSP? I guess I will have to look it up and see if I missed out.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Ah, my daughter has Tekken: Dark Resurrection for the PSP. Even to this day, she enjoys going back to her PSP and button mashing attacks against her CPU opponents in The King of Iron Fist Tournament. She says her favorite characters to play as are Lili, Asuka, and Xiaoyu. Now, I don't have a PSP myself, but Tekken: DR is pretty much a port of Tekken 5 with a few bonuses. I do have Tekken 5, and I love it, so I can see why she still plays it nowadays.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I could vouch for, at least, Dissidia Duodecim being addictive. I see my daughter playing it all the time. I know she is a Final Fantasy fan, but I think she's obsessed with that particular game. She constantly tells me about all the characters, and the various references to their respective games. I do like the Final Fantasy games as well, so I'm not bothered.

15. Arvis

Arvis Member

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories and Midnight Club. Oh and also some homebrew games. PSP was really an amazing console, too bad PS Vita wasn't so successful, I loved the idea of a portable gaming console. But you shouldn't worry, at this time getting a used PSP is very cheap!

16. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Burnout Dominator on PSP. Hands down the most fun racing game on the system.

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I myself was never that much of a FF fan but even I was drawn in by the game when I first played it. The gameplay is just superb a he controls are very good. I am looking forward to see the new version on home console.